These Valentine’s Day Toffee Crunch Crackers are a great way to make something great out of very little. They’re crispy, crunchy and full of chocolaty-toffee goodness!
Valentine’s Day seems to be hitting the shelves earlier and earlier every year, doesn’t it? Our Dollar General had all of their Valentine’s Day candy fully stocked on the shelves the day after Christmas when I went in to pick up a gallon of milk. It stopped me dead in my tracks as I wasn’t expecting to see it so soon! Part of me wanted to grumble at the commercialism of it all, but another part of me wanted to sort through the pink and red sprinkles and bring a bottle or two home to spark a little creativity for the upcoming season of love! After all, I love Valentine’s Day, so the wheels have already started turning in my head thinking about sweets, treats and all things pink!
Saltine crackers aren’t something you typically see being used in Valentine’s Day treats, but they’re the star ingredient in these Valentine’s Day Toffee Crunch Crackers. They’re the perfect vessel to hold a layer of chocolate, toffee pieces and sprinkles while giving the treat a sweet and salty flavor combo that you’re sure to fall in love with!
The best part is that you can swap out the Valentine’s Day sprinkles for any other seasonal sprinkles, or leave them off all together! These crackers are inexpensive, easy to make and are the perfect treat to share with your special Valentine!
Here’s a copy of the recipe if you’d like to give it a try!
- I sleeve saltine crackers (roughly 35 crackers)
- 1 stick salted butter
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 package Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate Squares (8 squares), chopped
- 1 cup toffee chips
- Valentine's Day Colored Sprinkles
- Heat oven to 400 F
- Place crackers in a single layer on foil-lined baking sheet
- In a sauce pan, heat butter and sugar over medium heat until butter is melted and mixture is well blended
- Bring to a boil; boil 3 minutes without stirring
- Pour over crackers and spread mixture to evenly coat crackers using a rubber spatula
- Bake for 7 minutes
- Immediately sprinkle with chopped chocolate and pour toffee pieces and sprinkles on top
- Allow to cool on pan completely until chocolate has hardened before cutting and serving
Between school and church activities, we’ll have several Valentine’s Day celebrations that we’ll be making and baking treats for. These crackers are always a go-to, and my daughter loves to help add the sprinkles at the end!
If you’re looking for more Valentine’s Day treats, be sure to check out these delicious recipes found right here on Southern Made Simple!
Strawberry Brownies | Simple Valentine’s Day Sugar Cookies | Healthy Valentine’s Day Snacks for Kids | Valentine’s Day Snack Crafts for Kids | Strawberry Madeleines | Chocolate Covered Cherry Pancakes | Valentine’s Day Sugar Wafers