Affiliate links may be included throughout this post at absolutely no cost to you.
Valentine’s Day is one week away, and I can’t even believe it! Some days I feel like this year is going by pretty fast already, but then I remember that I’m pregnant and most days time feels like it’s actually going at a super slow crawl. The days go slow, but the years go by fast don’t they? 😉
As a family, we don’t typically do anything special on Valentine’s Day, but that definitely doesn’t mean I don’t eat my fair share of chocolate candies, cakes, and all sorts of sweets to celebrate the day!
We’re still slowly unpacking a few boxes here in there from our move back in November, and my husband recently pulled out my beloved madeleine baking pan from our latest unboxing. Heart-eye emojiis immediately flooded my eyes when he pulled it out, and I knew right away I wanted to try my hand at making some sweet little Valentine-themed madeleines!
I’ve shared one of my favorite madeleine recipes once before (click here to see my Honey Apple Madeleine Recipe,) and while I’m totally crazy about those, I do believe these strawberry madeleines have completely won me over! Adding a little extra chocolate and some fun Valentine sprinkles was just the icing on the cake!
These have already been a major hit with my toddler, and they’re simple enough to make and share as a Valentine treat with friends and family!
My favorite part about this recipe is that it incorporates real, pureed strawberries, so each madeleine has little chunks of strawberry pieces in almost every bite! Here’s a copy of the recipe if you’d like to give it a try:
White Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Madeleines
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- Zest of 1 small lemon
- 1 cup strawberries pureed
- 9 Tbs butter melted and cooled
- Red food coloring optional
- White melting chocolate
- Sprinkles optional
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Spray madeleine pan thoroughly with non-stick cooking spray
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl and set aside
- Using a stand mixer, blend sugar and zest together while adding in eggs
- Beat for 5-6 minutes, or until batter thickens a bit
- Add in flour a little bit at a time, and stir together by hand
- Once flour is fully incorporated, add in melted butter and stir
- Add in strawberry puree and red food coloring and stir until well combined
- Place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes to continue to thicken
- Remove from fridge and pour into tin
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and transfer madeleines to a wire rack to finish cooling
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl according to package instructions
- Dip the end of each madeleine (or spoon chocolate onto the end of one side) and add sprinkles while chocolate is still wet
- Allow the chocolate to dry and harden completely before storing in an air tight container or serving
If you like this recipe, you may also fall in LOVE with these!
What are your plans for Valentine’s Day this year? Will you be getting creative in the kitchen whipping up sweet confections for your loved ones, or are heading out for the occasion and letting someone else do the cooking for you? (<<- Always my preference, just being honest!) Whatever your plans are, I’d love to hear all about it! Drop a little love in the comments and have a FABULOUS Valentine’s Day!