If you’re looking for a quick and easy no-fuss dessert to make for Valentine’s Day, look no further than this easy Valentine’s Day Strawberry Delight!
This Valentine’s Day, I’m skipping the fuss and serving up sweet recipes that don’t require a whole bunch of ingredients and a culinary degree to make. With two little ones in tow, it seems like my time in the kitchen is getting shorter and shorter, but the demand for yummy treats is only getting higher!
It may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but in my opinion, you just can’t go wrong with strawberry gelatin. Sure, gelatin may have gotten a bad rap in the 80’s when fancy jiggly congealed salads were trendy, but this recipe delights in the simplicity of the iconic dessert. Add in a few strawberries and a smidge of creamy whipped topping and you’ve got yourself a beautiful Valentine’s Day dessert fit for Cupid himself!
I can remember my mother making gelatin as a child, and I was always bummed when I had to wait a while for the gelatin to set before I could dig in. This particular recipe calls for frozen fruit, which allows the gelatin to quick set so you can stick your spoon in and take a bite in just 15 minutes!
Here’s a copy of the recipe if you’d like to give it a try!
Valentine's Day Strawberry Delight
- 3/4 cup water boiling
- 1 cup whipped topping thawed
- 1 package strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups strawberries frozen
- Bring 3/4 cup water to a boil and stir water into strawberry gelatin using a whisk until completely dissolved, around 2 minutes
- Add 2 cups frozen fruit; stir until gelatin starts to thicken
- Mix 1/2 cup of the gelatin mixture into the whipped topping until well blended
- Spoon whipped topping mixture evenly into 4 dessert cups and top with remaining gelatin and fruit mixture over whipped topping mixture.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes, or until set
- Top with whipped topping if desired
Tried this recipe?
Tag me on Instagram: @SouthernMadeSimple or use the hashtag #SouthernMadeSimple and share your love of southern cuisine!
If you’re looking for more Valentine’s Day treats, be sure to check out these delicious recipes found right here on Southern Made Simple!
Strawberry Brownies | Simple Valentine’s Day Sugar Cookies | Healthy Valentine’s Day Snacks for Kids | Valentine’s Day Snack Crafts for Kids | Strawberry Madeleines | Chocolate Covered Cherry Pancakes | Valentine’s Day Sugar Wafers
Leave a Reply