Affiliate links may be included throughout this post, meaning purchases made through these links may result in a small commission earned on my end at absolutely no cost to you.
Hello, all you boo-tiful people! It’s time to cue up Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” and break out the candy corn…because October has finally made it’s glorious debut! I had a little bit of time yesterday to sort through my Halloween decorations and put a few out, but I couldn’t fully get into the decorating mood until I had some spooky-sweet snacks to munch on while I decked the halls with boughs of polyester cobwebs! 😉
I absolutely love madeleines. They’re the perfect little treat to enjoy with a cup of coffee, and since Fall is finally here, I wasted no time in breaking out the pumpkin puree and taking a stab at making a batch of pumpkin madeleines! While they were baking away in the oven, I plundered through my sprinkle bin in the pantry (yes, I have a bin dedicated entirely to sprinkles) to see if I had any leftover candy eyeballs from last Halloween that I could use to spruce these mini cakes up just a bit.
I dipped the ends of a few madeleines to make little ghost faces, and I used a piping bag to make a few mummies. These are super easy to make, and they’d be perfect to share with friends or family at a Halloween or Fall-themed party!
Here’s a free printable version of the recipe if you’d like to give it a try! You’ll also need to make sure you have a few things on hand, which you can find linked below!
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ package Almond Bark
- Small Candy Eyeballs
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Spray madeleine pan with non-stick cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, eggs, sugar and oil until well blended
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt
- Gently pour small amounts of flour mixture into wet mixture a little bit at a time and stir after each pour until all of the flour is well combined into wet mixture.
- Spoon batter into each mold and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean
- Allow to cool completely before adding chocolate and candy eyes
- Melt white almond bark in a microwave safe bowl in 20-30 second intervals to prevent scorching
- Using a spoon, carefully smear a small amount of almond bark on the end of madeleines to create the ghosts, and pipe zig zags onto madeleines to create mummies.
- Add candy eyeballs while chocolate is still wet
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
If you like these little mummy madeleines, you may also find these Halloween recipes hauntingly adorable! 😉
20 Edible Halloween Crafts for Kids | Haunted Halloween Pancakes | 5 Minute Sweet & Salty Halloween Cookies | Halloween Sugar Wafers | Halloween Mummy Treats | Halloween Ice Cream Cone Snack Cups | Orange Fanta Scream-Sicle Floats | Freaky Frankenstein Oreo Pops | Soft Batch Candy Corn Cookies
What spooky treats are you whipping up this month? I’m always looking for some frighteningly fabulous foods to try, so if you’ve got something up your sleeve leave a comment below and share the love!