With Halloween lurking right around the corner, I’ve really been getting into the festiveness of it all and channeling the mad scientist in me to concoct some spooky and fun little treats to share during the Halloween season.
Last week I shared an easy tutorial to create these adorable (and delicious) little Mummy Treats. They’re made with chocolate hazelnut prioulines, so you KNOW they’re tasty! This week I wanted to go in a slightly different route. I thought it’d be fun to pay homage to everyone’s favorite flesh golem-cyborg: Frankenstein!
But no need to be scared of these little guys! They may be monstrous on the outside, but they’re harboring a glorious Double-Stuf Oreo on the inside!
If you’re in need of a fun and easy little treat to take to a Halloween or Fall party, look no further! All you’ll need for this one is Oreos, white chocolate almond bark, food coloring and candy googly eyes!
Here’a a printable version of the step-by-step instructions for you to save!
Freaky Frankenstein Oreo Pops
- 1/2 Package Oreos
- 1/2 Package White Almond Bark
- 3 drops green food coloring
- 1 drop blue food coloring
- Black decorating icing
- Candy eye balls
- Lollipop sticks found on amazon or in craft/baking section of Walmart
- Break almond back into small pieces the best that you can
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt almond bark in 30 second increments, stirring frequently to prevent scorching
- Stir in food coloring
- Insert lollipop stick into oreos
- Dip oreos into melted almond back and use a spoon to thoroughly coat and smooth over each one
- Put candy eye balls in place
- Lay each cookie flat on wax paper or allow to air dry by sticking the stick down into the holes of a colander
- Once completely dry, add hair and face with black icing
By the way, if you foresee lots of seasonal treats being made in your future, you might want to consider buying some of the necessities in bulk on Amazon. For instance, you can get 150 lollipop sticks (the same ones used in this tutorial) for just $7 on Amazon. That’s WAY cheaper than Walmart prices! While you’re at it, go ahead and pick up a pack of candy eyes. They’re perfect for ALL seasons, not just Halloween! 😉
After finishing up the Frankenstein Oreo Pops, I had a little bit of the colored almond bark left over. No need in letting that go to waste! I plundered my cabinets and found some pretzels that would make for some mighty tasty little mini Frankensteins!
Do you like to make festive treats during this time of year? Do you have another fun tutorial or recipe you’d like to share? Leave a comment below and share the cookie love!