These Strawberry Brownies are a sweet treat that I’ve had tucked away in my old recipe binder for nearly a decade. They’re a Valentine’s Day favorite around here, and they come together with just a few ingredients! They’re actually one of the very first recipes that I ever shared on this blog back in 2015, and now I’m bringing them back to life with a few new photos to share with you just in time to make your Valentine’s Day extra sweet!
Years ago before I had children, I taught Sunday school for a few years. The kids in my class would always request that I bring a plate full of these strawberry brownies, even though it wasn’t anywhere close to Valentine’s Day. I always kept a couple of boxes of Strawberry cake mix on hand so I could whip them up on the fly before Sunday School to surprise them with their favorite special treat. I’m always amazed at the wonders you can do with a simple box of cake mix. Next to sliced bread, I think they’re one of my favorite culinary conveniences!
The glaze on the brownies is the star of the show, and it’s poured over the baked brownies while they’re still hot right out of the oven. The brownies will soak up a good bit of the glaze, giving them a gooey and dense middle layer that is absolutely irresistible!
Here’s a free printable copy of the recipe if you’d like to give it a try!
For Strawberry Brownie Mix:
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbs water
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Spray an 8x8 square dish with nonstick cooking spray
- Combine cake mix, eggs and vegetable oil until just combined and all lumps are smooth - do not not over mix! Batter will be very thick.
- Pour into greased baking dish and bake 30-32 minutes, or until brownies are set (brownies will continue to cook and firm up a little while cooling, but you want them to still be a little dense in the middle)
- In a separate bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and water and pour over brownies while they're still warm.
- Allow brownies to mostly cool before cutting
Tried this recipe?
Tag me on Instagram: @SouthernMadeSimple or use the hashtag #SouthernMadeSimple and share your love of southern cuisine!
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out these great recipes found right here on Southern Made Simple!
Strawberry Milkshake Cookies | Strawberry Lemonade | Strawberry French Toast Bake | Fresh Strawberry Pie | Valentine’s Day Snack Crafts for Kids | Valentine Sugar Cookies
Happy Valentine’s Day, friends! Don’t forget to check out our brand new Etsy shop if you’re on the hunt for a perfect gift! 😉