These Mummy Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats are a spook-tacular treat to serve this Halloween! They’re not your average rice krispie treats, either. They’re packed with peanut butter goodness, plus a smidge of white chocolate that makes them frighteningly scrumptious!
Halloween is lurking right around the corner, and I’ve been conjuring up a little Halloween-magic in the kitchen this weekend getting my girls into the spooky-spirit! My oldest really loves rice krispie treats, so we put together these delicious Mummy Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats using a slightly more sophisticated version of traditional rice krispie treats.
For these treats, I used my White Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats recipe that I shared here a few weeks ago. Instead of these rice krispie treats having a sticky texture, they have a creamy and smooth bite to them thanks to a blend of chunky peanut butter and white chocolate almond bark! Add a little drizzle over the top to create a “mummified” look and a few candy eyes and you’ve got an instant Halloween hit!
Here’s a better look at the recipe if you’d like to give it a try!
Mummy Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- 1/2 lb white almond bark (note: most packages are 1 lb exactly)
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3 1/2 cups rice krispies cereal
- 1 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- extra melted white almond bark for drizzle
- Candy eyes
- In a double boiler, melt white almond bark and peanut butter together, stirring frequently
- In a large bowl, combine cereal and marshmallows
- Once peanut butter mixture is melted, pour over cereal and stir until well combined and marshmallows are melted
- Spray 8x8 baking dish or brownie pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Pour mixture into pan and gently press down with the back of a spoon to flatten and fill the space of the pan
- Allow to set for 2-3 hours, or until treats are dried enough to hold their shape when cut
- Melt additional almond bark (just a little bit will do!) and drizzle over treats to make the mummy wraps. While the almond bark is still wet, add candy eyes.
Tried this recipe?
Tag me on Instagram: @SouthernMadeSimple or use the hashtag #SouthernMadeSimple and share your love of southern cuisine!
Halloween Hack: There’s no need to cast a spell on your treats to get them to cut evenly every time! When making brownies and rice krispie treats, I love to use this brownie pan with a built in slicer to get perfect portions every time!
If you like these fun treats, you’ll LOVE these other fun Halloween snacks found right here on Southern Made Simple!
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats | Candy Corn Cookies | The Ultimate Halloween Charcuterie Board | Sweet & Salty Halloween Cookies | Haunted Halloween Pancakes | Halloween Deep Dish Skillet Cookie | Mummy Treats | Halloween Sugar Wafers | Freaky Frankenstein Oreo Pops
Do you like to make special treats for Halloween? What are some of your favorite confections to devour this time of year? Leave a comment below and share the Halloween-love!
Leave a Reply