These White Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats will absolutely melt in your mouth, and are a perfect combination of traditional rice krispie treats and a creamy peanut butter fudge that is absolutely irresistible!
I’m a big time peanut butter fan. My two girls share my same obsession with the creamy and peanut-buttery goodness of a spoonful of Jif, and it’s not an uncommon occurrence for us all to be snacking on a spoonful of peanut butter for our afternoon snack each day. Marshmallows come in at a close second with my girls when it comes to a favorite snack. I’ve been known to keep a handful of marshmallows sitting by my stove that I hand off to the girls when they start creeping into the kitchen and playing under my feet while I’m trying to cook. It keeps them occupied for .2 seconds – that is until they come marching back in snooping around for another one.
With an abundance of marshmallows and peanut butter on hand, it just felt right to whip up a batch of peanut butter rice krispie treats, but these aren’t just your ordinary rice krispie treats. These are made even sweeter with white almond bark, which is very similar to white chocolate that causes these treats to melt right in your mouth after your very first bite. They are divine!
Here’s a free printable copy of the recipe if you’d like to give it a try!
White Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- 1/2 lb white almond bark most packages are 1 lb exactly
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3 cups rice krispies cereal
- 1 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- In a double boiler, melt white almond bark and peanut butter together, stirring frequently
- In a large bowl, combine cereal and marshmallows
- Once peanut butter mixture is melted, pour over cereal and stir until well combined and marshmallows are melted
- Spray 8x8 baking dish or brownie pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Pour mixture into pan and gently press down with the back of a spoon to flatten and fill the space of the pan
- Allow to set for 2-3 hours, or until treats are dried enough to hold their shape when cut
Have you ever wondered how others are able to get their rice krispie treats to look so clean and pristine? It riddled my brain for years, as my rice krispie treats always looked very, well, homemade. To be clear, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that! But my heart longed for my White Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treatsto have neater edges and to have a fresh-from-the-bakery look to them. I spent so much time thinking people just had a steadier hand and a clearer eye for precision than I did when cutting their treats, only to realize that’s not the case at all. All of those clean edged confections and brownies are more than likely cut using a brownie pan with a built in slicer – and let me tell you, it’s a game changer!
Here’s a few of my top picks on Amazon for making these White Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats:
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out these other great recipes found right here on Southern Made Simple!