Affiliate links may be included throughout this post at absolutely no cost to you.
With just 4 weeks left until baby arrives, I’m trying my hardest to find pockets in my day where I can kick my (semi-swollen) feet up and just have a few minutes of time to myself. It’s pretty hard to have that time with a 3 year old running around the house, but thankfully my grandparents came to the rescue yesterday afternoon and took my tot to their house for a few hours while I rested. It was glorious!
During that time, I took a nap (my fourth one in 3 years) AND I whipped up this quick and easy single-serve summertime dessert that absolutely hit the spot (and used up a few blackberries that I had in the freezer from our blackberry picking earlier in the summer.) It was a total win, and I knew right away it was a post-worthy recipe that I just had to share!
Here’s a free printable copy of my recipe for you to save. I used 8oz size mason jars and it was enough to serve two. This recipe can EASILY be doubled or tripled if needed!
Mason Jar Blackberry Cobbler
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup sugar + 1 tsp extra
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbs unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup blackberries - fresh or frozen if frozen, defrost before using
- 2 8 oz mason jars
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in heavy whipping cream.
- Pour in melted butter and stir.
- Toss berries in extra sugar (optional)
- Spray mason jars with non-stick cooking spray
- Spoon batter into each mason jar, followed by berries
- Place mason jars on cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes, or until batter is cooked all the way through
- Allow to cool briefly
- Add your favorite toppings (vanilla ice cream and crumbled cookies are my personal fave!)
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out this recipe for my mason jar pecan pie trifles!
Looking for more ways to use up those summer blackberries? I’ve got a few things in my arsenal you just might like! 😉