While I was walking down the produce aisle the other day at my local super market, I noticed that they had packaged many all of the jalapeno peppers together in containers of about 12-15 to reduce them for quick sale. My original plan was to only pick up a few fresh jalapenos for a recipe I was working on, but I was certainly not upset about getting a heap of peppers for $1! My husband and I eat jalapenos ALL the time, so I knew they’d all be put to good use. 😉
One of my husband’s favorite things for me to make is sausage and cream cheese stuffed peppers. You’ve seen me make a similar version here, but I was really looking to do something a little quicker and easier for supper. He was going to be home from work soon, and I thought it’d be fun to surprise him with one of his favorite meals!
To make these super easy jalapeno pepper poppers, you’ll only need sausage, cream cheese, shredded cheddar and, of course, fresh jalapeno peppers.
Using gloves, slice the peppers lengthwise and remove all seeds. Scramble sausage and drain the grease off of it. In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, warm sausage and cheddar cheese. Fill each jalapeno half with the cream cheese mixture and bake on 400 F for 20 minutes. Once they’re out of the oven, sprinkle a few real bacon bits on top and enjoy!
Easy Jalapeno Poppers
- 10-15 large jalapeno peppers sliced in half and seeds removed
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese - softened
- 1 lb ground sausage - scrambled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Real bacon bits for topping - optional
- Preheat oven fo 400 F
- Slice jalapenos length wise and remove all seeds
- n a large skillet, scramble sausage until done and drain remaining grease off of it
- Combine sausage, cream cheese and cheddar cheese in a large bowl and stir
- Put a spoonful of cream cheese mixture in each jalapeno half
- Line a baking sheet with foil and nonstick cooking spray
- Place each pepper onto baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to lightly cool
- Sprinkle with real bacon bits - optional
I really love this recipe because they come together in no time at all. If you’re looking for a way to add some spice to your dinner tonight, give these easy jalapeno poppers a try!
Do you have another recipe that calls for fresh jalapenos? Maybe you have another easy recipe for stuffing them? I’d love to hear all about it if you do. I’m always looking for ways to incorporate peppers into our meals!