My family absolutely LOVES sliders. I mean, who doesn’t love a teeny little sandwich?? You really just can’t go wrong with them in my opinion. One of my favorite things about sandwiches in general is that you can go in any direction with them. Hot cheesy Mexican-inspired slider? Sure! Cold cut with Italian prosciutto? Don’t mind if I do! Smothered and covered in saucy deliciousness? Uh, HECK YES!! The possibilities are nearly endless. However you serve it, my family will probably love it.
This particular dish is our #1 pick when it comes to sliders. It’s sweet, savory, a tad bit sticky, and insanely delicious! They’re perfect for game days, tailgates, pot lucks and especially a random Tuesday night. Whatever the occasion, these are always a good call!
- 1 package of Kings Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 1 package of your favorite sliced turkey
- 1 package provolone cheese slices (you’ll probably only use half of the package)
- Pesto sauce (you can make your own, or you can buy it in a jar)
- 1 stick butter (+ 1 Tbs)
- 1 sweet onion – sliced
- 2 Tbs yellow mustard
- 1/3 c brown sugar
- 3 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- Poppy seeds
- Saute sliced onions in 1 Tbs butter until caramelized.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Slice Hawaiian rolls in half and place on baking sheet.
- Spread a thin layer of pesto onto the bottom bread.
- Place your desired amount of turkey, cheese and caramelized onion onto each sandwich and close your slider with the top half of the roll. If you’d like, place a toothpick in the center of each sandwich to help hold them together.
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- In a small sauce pan, bring 1 stick butter, mustard, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and poppy seeds to a boil. Quickly remove and pour sauce evenly over sliders.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes
These sandwiches are best served warm and are delicious as leftovers. If you try this recipe, I’d love to hear what you think about it! I know you’ll love them as much as my family does. Maybe it’ll even become a staple dish in your household!
Are you a fan of slider sandwiches? What are some of your favorite slider recipes?
Jodie Tucker says
Awesome! Thanks for the recipe
Laura Tucker says
They are SO good. We make them all the time!
Marti Tabora says
This sounds really good, I would definitely use a smoked turkey for this recipe. Thanks.