I’ve had a serious hankerin’ here lately, y’all. I’ve been having these super fierce cravings for something sweet, but I just couldn’t put my finger on exactly what it was. I knew I wanted something chocolate-y, but not too chocolate-y. I knew I wanted to bake something, but I didn’t want any sort of cake. I probably wanted something pumpkin-y (because I always want something pumpkin-y,) but I didn’t want to go overboard with the pumpkin. I also wanted something sugary and cinnamon-y. Basically, I want all the things. That’s nothing unusual, by the way!
So what in the world is a woman to do when she’s got a hankerin’ like that?
It’s simple, really. Just mix it all up in a bowl and hope for the best! I’m kidding. Sort of, anyway. 😉
I’ve never in my life heard of chocolate chip pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies, but when I really thought about what my body was craving, that’s exactly what I came up with. I mean, chocolate chip cookies are amazing, pumpkin cookies are amazing, and snickerdoodle cookies are definitely amazing. I mean, what could go wrong here? I really needed to satisfy my cravings, so I committed to this recipe turning out just right from the very start.
Pumpkin puree can be a really tricky thing to work with. It has a natural tendency to make things very cake-like. I’ve made many a batch of cake-like pumpkin cookies in my day, but I really wanted something more cookie-like this time. I think I got pretty close with this recipe. It’s still got some cake-like softness, but it’s got that great cookie texture to it, too. It turned out fantastic, and it definitely satisfied my craving!
Here’s a free printable of my recipe for you to try. If you decide to whip up a batch for yourself, I’d love to hear how yours turned out!
Soft Batch Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 cup chocolate chips more or less to taste
- Additional sugar and cinnamon for dusting recommended
- Combine melted butter and sugars together until smooth
- Add in pumpkin and vanilla and stir
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, allspice and cinnamon
- Slowly add in flour mixture into pumpkin mixture,being sure that no lumps are found in the batter
- Add in chocolate chips
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour to chill - this is important!
- Once dough is chilled, preheat oven to 350F and spray two baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray
- Roll the dough into small balls - a little better than a tablespoon amount each
- Roll the balls of dough into the sugar and cinnamon mixture to coat
- Place the dough on the baking sheets, evenly spaced apart
- Using two fingers, gently press down each cookie to slightly flatten (they will not flatten much on their own)
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to sit on cookie sheets for roughly 10 minutes before transfering to a wire rack to cool
- Add additional chocolate chips if desired
- Pour yourself a tall glass of milk and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?
Tag me on Instagram: @SouthernMadeSimple or use the hashtag #SouthernMadeSimple and share your love of southern cuisine!
I really love the layer of sugary goodness coating the outside of each cookie. If you’re looking for something a little more traditional, you can omit the chocolate chips and have a simple, delicious pumpkin snickerdoodle cookie instead – no problem! Go ahead and pour yourself a tall glass of milk, You’re going to want it when you’re eating these! 😀
If you’re looking for other delicious cookie recipes, be sure to search the hashtag #cookieswappingood on Facebook or Instagram to find other bloggers sharing their amazing cookie recipes and ideas. You may also be interested in a few of these recipes listed below, made by yours truly!
Soft Batch Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
JD - altamontefamily.com says
They look oh so deliciously captivating. I want to reach into my computer and grab one… or two… wait, maybe three. Shhh, don’t tell anyone!!!!