This post was sponsored by Crisco® Coconut Oil as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Yesterday morning when I stepped out onto my front porch, I was greeted by the most wonderful crisp and cool fall air and a perfect breeze to let me know that autumn is well on it’s way! It was such a nice surprise to feel the air turn a bit cool, because it’s typically still very hot and humid here in south Alabama during this time of year.
While my local weatherman told me this morning that those cool temps will soon be replaced with heat once again by the end of the week, I’m rejoicing in the season change by breaking out my favorite ingredient ever to help me ring in the fall season: Pumpkin Spice!
It’s no secret that ya girl loves some sweets, and yesterday my sweet tooth was steering my mind in the direction of combining two of my greatest food loves (chocolate and pumpkin) into a decadent candy confection: White Chocolate Covered Pumpkin Truffles.
I make truffles every single year around Christmas time. They make a wonderful homemade gift to give to friends and family! But something deep down in my soul was telling me that I just couldn’t wait until Christmas time to make truffles again, so creating this perfectly fall version of a chocolate covered truffle was definitely on my agenda.
I immediately started plundering through the baking section in my pantry to see what ingredients I needed to stock up on before whipping up a batch of these sweet pumpkin-y treats.
I already had a few cans of pumpkin on deck, but I knew I’d certainly need more to get me through the fall season. I also needed to pick up some graham crackers, white chocolate chips and Crisco® Refined Organic Coconut Oil (a key ingredient that I use in all of my truffle recipes to help achieve a perfectly creamy filling and a smooth chocolat-y shell on the outside!
Little miss T and I loaded up into the car and headed to our favorite hangout spot (Hello, Target!) to pick up a few of the essentials we needed, including the Crisco® Refined Organic Coconut Oil found in the baking needs aisle. I’ve been using coconut oil in numerous ways for years, and it’s absolutely a staple item in my home that I simply cannot do without.
I love Crisco® Refined Organic Coconut Oil because it serves as an amazing organic substitute for butter, margarine or other oils. I prefer to use the refined variety in cooking because it has no flavor or aroma, so it’s perfect to add into recipes without altering the flavor or smell. You can also find Crisco® Unrefined Organic Coconut Oil at target, which I also love to use in recipes where I want it’s distinct coconut flavor to shine.
Once I got home from Target, I put T down for a nap and got busy in the kitchen whipping up a batch of pumpkin truffles so I could have them ready to devour before she woke up. She 100% takes after me when it comes to loving sweets, and I knew she’d be all about these delicious bites!
In a large mixing bowl, I combined cream cheese, powdered sugar, graham cracker crumbs, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, pumpkin puree, melted white chocolate chips and the Crisco® Refined Coconut Oil into a large mixing bowl (see full recipe instructions below) and began rolling out the truffle balls.
I melted about 3/4 cup of white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and added about 2 tsp of Crisco® Refined Coconut Oil into the chocolate to help it thin a bit so it would be perfectly smooth and not clumpy when coating the truffles.
I dipped each truffle into the chocolate and coated them using a spoon. I sat them onto a wire rack to dry, adding a smidge of graham cracker and cinnamon garnish to each one before the chocolate completely dried.
Since I had a little bit of melted chocolate left over, I drizzled a little bit over each one for good measure. Here’s a free printable version of my recipe if you’d like to give it a try!
White Chocolate Covered Pumpkin Truffles
- 12 full sheets graham cracker crumbs - crushed honey or cinnamon flavor work fine
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbs powdered sugar
- 1/3 brick cream cheese softened
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbs Crisco® Refined Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips melted
- For topping:
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips or white almond bark
- 2 tsp Crisco® Refined Organic Coconut Oil
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar together using a hand mixer until creamy.
- Add in pumpkin puree and beat until completely smooth.
- Add in cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, Crisco® Refined Organic Coconut Oil, graham cracker crumbs and melted chocolate. Beat on medium-low speed until everything is thoroughly combined. Mixture will be thick.
- Cover mixture and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow to firm up
- Remove mixture from refrigerator and line a baking sheet with greased foil or parchment paper
- Begin rolling mixture into balls, roughly 2 tsp per ball and place each ball onto baking sheet
- Chill the balls once more for an additional 30 or so minutes
- Before removing from refrigerator, begin melting chocolate according to package instructions
- While chocolate is melting, add in a small amount of Crisco® Refined Organic Coconut Oil and stir in to melt. This will help keep the chocolate from being too clumpy and thick, and it also helps the chocolate to coat the truffles better. Feel free to add more as needed.
- Dip each ball into the melted chocolate and coat each one thoroughly using a spoon
- Remove from chocolate and set out onto baking sheet or wire rack
- While the chocolate is still wet, garnish with additional graham cracker crumbs and cinnamon (optional)
- For best results, keep refrigerated
These White Chocolate Covered Pumpkin Truffles are decadent and rich, and offered the perfect amount of pumpkin and pumpkin spice to make me really get into a fall-ish state of mind! When my daughter woke up, she wasted no time in digging right in to my stash of truffles. She loved them so much, she requested a second and third one! I store them in my refrigerator to keep them nice and firm, and they’re the perfect pick-me-up treat to nibble on throughout the day!
Target Cartwheel Offer:
Have you transitioned into fall mode yet? What are some other fall-inspired treats that you love to make and share during this time of year? Leave a comment below and share the love!