I received these products at no cost to facilitate my review. However, all thoughts and opinions expressed are completely my own.
At 10 months old, my daughter is starting to stand and balance herself for short stretches of time. I know it won’t be long before she’s ready to take that very first step! I’m emotionally not ready for her to be walking yet, but I knew I needed to make sure she has proper shoes ready for when that day comes. I decided to do a little research on proper shoes for early walkers that aided in healthy foot development. When babies start walking, it’s so important that their feet are lined up properly to ultimately help promote proper stride.
That’s where Pediped shoes come in to play. In my opinion, Pediped is at the front of the pack when it comes to creating quality, foot healthy and on-trend shoes for children. In fact, Pediped has been awarded the American Podiatric Medical Association Seal of Acceptance for promoting healthy foot development, not to mention numerous other awards such as a Cribsie award for “cutest little kicks,” and features in several magazines such as Parents and Babytalk.
Because Pediped focuses on healthy orthopedic development for all children as they transition through the stages of crawling, walking and running, they have developed a footwear system that is specifically designed to meet those growing needs of children throughout their various walking stages.
- Pediped® Originals® (pictured) are the first step in the footwear system. They’re soft-soled, flexible, and are recommended by pediatricians and podiatrists. Sizes range from newborn to 24 months.
- The design closely mimics barefoot walking, and does not force a child to change their natural stride.
- Each style is lined with a slip-resistant leather sole and includes Pediped® patented signature hand-stitching, allowing for a breathable shoe.
Grip ‘n’ Go™
- The Grip ‘n’ Go™ style (the second step in the footwear system) provides a smooth transition for a child learning to walk with a more confident stride.
- All Grip ‘n’ Go™ shoes include G2 Technology™, which contains a specialized soft rubber sole for added cushion, rounded edges that mimic the natural shape of a foot to help with stability, a grip zone for additional traction, and a soft toe box that allows toes to curl and grip the floor. So fancy! Certain styles come with additional features such as Memory Foam Technology™, and machine-washable capabilities. (Hooray for machine washable!)
- Grip ‘n’ Go™ styles are available is sizes 4-7 for kids.
- The third, and final, step in the Pediped® footwear system is Flex®. Designed for kids who have a developed a solid, natural stride, Flex® combines quality materials and advanced technology to create the perfect, stylish choice for all-day comfortable wear.
- Most styles include the Flex Fit System™, which offers a customizable fit with the use of additional insoles, extending the life of a pair of shoes up to two months. To top it off, a cushioned arch support and flexible rubber soles ensure coziness and ongoing healthy foot development.
- Flex® styles are available in sizes 6-kids – 6 youth.
To add even more excitement, Pediped just announced that they have launched their Spring/Summer 2016 collection featuring over 70 brand new styles! (Spoiler alert: they’re all AMAZING!)
The fabulous folks over at Pediped sent over the Daisy White Multi shoe from their Originals collection for us to review. My daughter lit up like a light when I put these sweet little shoes on her! She had such a good time showing them off. I can really tell that these shoes will be very helpful to her in helping create an exciting and healthy stride as she takes her first steps.
Hear My Thoughts:
Get The Look:
Pediped Originals can be purchased online or in select stores world wide. Most pairs are priced at $37. Pediped shoes are certainly on the pricier end, but their quality is impeccable, and knowing that they’re recommended by pediatricians for promoting healthy foot development makes them an outstanding investment for children.
I’ve picked out several styles from the Originals Collection for both boys and girls that are my absolute favorites! You can click on each picture to find out more information on each shoe.
One very lucky Southern Made Simple reader is going to WIN their own pair of Pediped shoes from the Originals collection just in time for Spring! The winner will get to choose the gender and size, but not the style. Giveaway ends 3/28. All entries must be submitted using the form below. Good luck!
Fiona N says
I love the Originals Jake Navy/Red shoes
Thank You for the chance
Keri Justice says
I love these originals Jake in navy and red for my little man! http://www.pediped.com/Products/Originals-br-Jake-NavyRed__609.aspx
I completely agree that Pedipeds are the way to go for beginning walkers! Plus, they are adorable!
So many cute shoes! The Giselle in Mid Pink are perfect for Spring. We have been so happy with our Pedipeds. They’re so great for new walkers!
There wasn’t an extra info tab in the email subscription box, but I’m subscribed to your emails as acluisi at hotmail
Laura Tucker says
Thank you so much for letting me know! I’ve gone in and fixed it. I’m so glad you subscribed!
Kim W. says
I really like the Originals Charlotte Astor Pink! The birds on it are adorable and I could see my niece rocking them! Her birthday is in May and this would be a great gift for her!
Anne perry says
I like the Originals Cliff Blue/Orange
Dagmar M says
I love the Originals Louisa Pink Floral
Gabrielle Tietz says
I love the Originals Louisa Blue Floral!! So pretty!!
Jodi Armstrong says
Love the Originals Jazzie Peacock they are so cute!
Laura Royal says
I love the Originals Brittany Red.
Angelica Dimeo says
I would pick the Originals Jazzie Peacock shoes for my daughter these are just to cute
I don’t think they’d work for my son, but the Jazzy Peacock shoes are so cute. I’m a sucker for shoes and hats with animal faces.
Kayla Bergstrom says
I love Originals Lorraine Navy!!!
My favorite pair is the originals salome lavender, they’re just so cute.
I like the Grip ‘n’ Go™ Daisy Astor Pink.
Elyse moser says
I like the Originals cliff Blue/orange. We are Gators fans so these would be perfect for game day.
Sarah Hayes says
the Jake grey/lime are perfection!! I love the colors
Trisha Burgess says
I love the Sahara blue for boys!
Dawn Monroe says
I like the Salome in white and the flex Ann in white.
Tracy Johnson says
I love the peacock shoes they are so adorable….
Maribel F says
I like the originals Ashton in black
Sue Hull says
I love the Originals Daphne White and I love the ones your precious baby girl has on. My granddaughter is 22 months old and these would be so cute on her. Thank you for the chance 🙂
allyson tice says
my favorite PediPed Original show is the
Originals® Charlotte Astor Pink
Hollie Baker says
I love the floral and jazzie peacock sooooo adorable!
I love the originals Jake in gray/lime
Jodie Tucker says
I love the little pink shoes