This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BlissfulMoments #CollectiveBias
Just ten short months ago, my beautiful baby girl made her debut into this world. I dove right into the deep end of motherhood for the very first time, and my eyes were opened to things that only becoming a mother could prepare me for. It’s been an incredible journey, but it did not come without several major adjustments to my life.
One of those major adjustments was the loss of quality “me” time. All of a sudden, I had this tiny little human that depends on me for everything. I am there for her every moment she is awake, and in those very precious moments that she closes her eyes to take a nap, I tend to everything else around me that needs to get done. Very little of that time is spent on myself.
If fact, in 10 months I have only had 3 successful naps! While having a baby is amazing, it can definitely be mentally challenging sometimes. I know every parent out there can certainly relate to this in some way. “Me” time usually doesn’t happen, and when it does, it’s probably not about me anyway!
Even though the challenges of motherhood are not few, and quality “me” time may be scarce, I need to create time devoted to me, myself and I. I need to put the “me” back into “mommy”. I need to take a few minutes out of each day and relax, refocus, indulge and rejoice in all of life’s blissful moments.
Luckily for me, I have found a way to do just that! Some mornings before my daughter wakes up, I take some time for myself and indulge in these fabulous new Betty Crocker™ Soft Baked Bars that I found at my local Walmart. They are such a nice little reward for myself during those moments when I’m getting going in the morning and trying to put my Super-Mom game face on.
These bars are also perfect to grab and munch on the go. I even keep one tucked into my diaper bag (in case a serious bout of “hangry” creeps up and I just need a moment). I have no shame in admitting that that’s sort of a regular occurrence, so I’m so glad that I can bite into a little bliss anywhere, any time!
While nibbling on one of these new Betty Crocker™ Sweet Rewards bars one morning (the brownie bar is my FAVE), I started thinking about other people in my life who could really use a moment of indulgence for themselves. There are so many people that I know in my life who work hard, love harder, and always put others first. I decided it was high time to celebrate them, and what better way to do that than to share these Sweet Rewards bars with them!
In particular, I really wanted to share a blissful moment with the nursery workers at my church. It is a wonderful group of women who selflessly take on the job of watching other people’s children so that other parents can attend the church service. Baby duty ain’t easy, and these women are absolute heroes in my book! I decided to craft the Betty Crocker™ Soft Baked Bars into a beautiful bouquet and display it in the nursery for them. When things get a little hectic, they have a bouquet full of bliss right there waiting on them!
This bouquet is really quite simple to construct, and you don’t need many supplies at all! Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- A vase of some sort
- You can use a galvanized tin, a mason jar, a glass vase, or really whatever you’d like! I happened to have this one laying around my house, but I priced a similar one at Walmart for less than $4! Score!
- Floral Foam
- You know….that weird green crunchy stuff that you stick artificial flowers in? You can find it in the craft aisle next to, of course, the artificial flowers. It’s very inexpensive – coming in at around $2 or $3.
- Bamboo Skewers
- You can get a pack of 100 for around $2 I found these close kitchen gadgets and utensils in my store.
- Tissue Paper
- Whatever colors you like! I only needed about 3 sheets.
- Tape or Hot Glue
- I personally found that a hot glue gun works better, but using tape is a quick and easy alternative if you don’t own one.
- Curly Ribbon/Bow
- This will be used to hide the floral foam when it’s sitting in the vase. I just picked up the pre-made peel and stick kind that you put onto a birthday present. You can find it near the wrapping paper and seasonal cards. You may also want to buy a spool of ribbon to tie a bow around the vase.
- Betty Crocker™ Soft Baked Bars
- I found these on the cereal aisle close to the toaster pastries and granola bars. You may need to look up high, because they were on the tippy top shelf at my store!
- There are 3 delicious flavors to choose from:
- Betty Crocker™ Sweet Rewards Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar
- Betty Crocker™ Sweet Rewards Caramel Brownie Bar
- Betty Crocker™ Sweet Rewards Butterscotch Blondie Bar
- Thank You Notes
- To make this step super easy, I just typed out a sweet little message onto some address labels and stuck them to the back of each bar. You can print or hand write a note and attach them however you’d like! (See picture below).
Now that you have your supplies ready, let’s get started! I’ve broken it down into a few really simple steps:
Unwrap the floral foam from it’s plastic. Make sure the foam fits into your vase. If not, you can easily sculpt the foam to make it fit using a dull knife. Once you know the foam will fit, wrap with tissue paper just like you’re wrapping a present. It doesn’t have to be pretty, because this part really won’t be seen. You just want to make sure none of the actual floral foam is showing. Once it’s wrapped, place into vase.
Open up your boxed Betty Crocker™ Soft Baked Bars. Using either tape or hot glue, secure the bamboo skewers underneath the lip of the wrapping on the back side. (See picture below). This will hide most of the skewer and create a nice, neat look. Once you’ve got the skewer secured, you can attach your note to the back. You want to try to make sure that the bars are all positioned in the same direction and that the pointy side of the skewer is towards the bottom.
Tuck tissue paper around the wrapped floral foam in the vase.
Attach curly ribbon to the top of the floral foam. This will mostly cover the foam from the top and create a nice look. Go ahead and add a bow to the front of the vase if you’d like.
Insert the skewers and bars into the floral foam in any pattern that you like. You can even make some higher and shorter than others by pushing the skewers deeper into the foam.
The finished product is perfect to share with anyone who needs a little “me” time, or would be a fantastic idea as a “thank you” gift! Plus, it’s WAY better than a real bouquet of flowers! I mean, you can’t eat real flowers, so what’s the point? Am I right?!
Share the Bliss:
Click here for other ideas and inspiration on how to find and share #blissfulmoments with others!
Marti Tabora says
I haven’t tried these yet, but I really do love this idea. I’m gonna have to pick some up on my next shopping trip.
I wouldn’t mind getting one of those bouquets, those bars look like they would be awesome with a side of iced coffee too.
Keri Justice says
This is great! My kind of bouquet. I mean flowers are great and all but I’d much prefer this! I can’t wait to try these bars.