This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GrabHolidayHappiness #CollectiveBias
This month has been the busiest month of my entire life. The only other time I can think of that I was almost this busy was the week leading up to my wedding, but I’m feeling pretty certain that this month takes the cake. To keep a long story short, we’ve been putting the final touches on the home that we’ve been building for a whole year now, and we’ve been busting our tails trying to get everything in operating order before Thanksgiving Day when my family will be staying with us for a few days. We’re cutting it down to the wire, but we’re making it!
So on top of my new home being a construction zone and my current home being flipped completely upside down and packed away in moving boxes, I’ve also been in the midst of planning out the menu for Thanksgiving day (can you believe it’s already here?!) I’ve been on a total “mini trifle” kick for the last few months. They’re such a fun and easy way to fancy up a simple dessert, and these Caramel Coffee Brownie Trifles have earned themselves a coveted spot on the Thanksgiving menu this year!
During this busy season, I’ve pretty much been running on coffee and chocolate to keep me moving, and these brownies are loaded with rich and decadent coffee flavor that puts the pep right back in my step!
This recipe is incredibly easy to make, and the aren’t many ingredients required at all! In order to get the coffee flavor in these brownies to really pop, you’ll need a stick of butter and a package of Dunkin’ Donuts Original Blend Ground Coffee, which you can find right down the road at your local Dollar General store!
I live approximately 35 minutes away from the nearest grocery store, but I’m fortunate enough to have a Dollar General store a hop, skip and a jump up the road from where I live. I love to stock up on many of my holiday baking essentials there (and my everyday essentials, too!)
Almost everything you need for this recipe can be found at Dollar General, so right after you grab the Dunkin’ Donuts Coffee, hop on over to the baking section to pick up a box of prepackaged brownie mix, and then swing by the refrigerated case and grab the eggs and butter!
I’m all for working smarter and not harder these days. I love utilizing prepackaged cake and brownie mixes in my baking, and they’re so easy to revamp and personalize! Most brownie mixes call for vegetable oil to be used when making the batter, but I made a little coffee/butter infusion that really takes these brownies to a whole new level!
Here’s a free printable copy of my recipe and a step-by-step instruction guide on how to assemble these Caramel Coffee Brownie Trifles:
- ¼ cup Dunkin' Donuts Original Blend Ground Coffee
- 1 box brownie mix (your favorite brand is fine!)
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- Eggs (use the amount recommended on the box of brownie mix)
- Brewed coffee, room temp or cold (use this in place of the amount of water or milk listed on the box of brownie mix)
- 1 package caramel flavored instant pudding mix
- Whipped cream
- Caramel Sauce (I used store bought) for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a medium sized skillet, melt butter just until bubbling and pour in ¼ cup Dunkin' Donuts Original Blend Ground Coffee - stir for just a few seconds, being sure that the butter and coffee grounds do not scorch
- Remove from heat and pour butter mixture into a bowl through a fine mesh strainer to separate the grounds from the butter
- Using a spoon, stir and press the coffee ground to squeeze any excess butter out of the coffee grounds and dispose of grounds
- Combine butter with brownie mix, eggs and brewed coffee
- Pour into a greased baking pan and bake for the time directed on the back of the brownie box
- While the brownies are baking, prepare the instant caramel pudding mix according to package instructions and allow to set
- Once the brownies are cooked and cooled, crumble up a few brownies and layer them into the bottom of a small jar, followed by a layer of caramel pudding and continue patter until jar is full
- Top with whipped cream and caramel drizzle
With all of my family coming over to share in the holiday festivities with us, these brownie trifles are going to be just the treat to fill everyone with comfort and joy, and stocking up on Dunkin’ Donuts Original Blend Ground Coffee and K-Cups will keep our tummies filled with goodness and give us all the boost we need to keep things holly and jolly! 😉
When I crawl out of bed in the morning, I’m pretty sure I’m already filling up my coffee cup before my eyes are even fully open. I’m a total “mom-bie” until I’ve got a little Dunkin’ Donuts coffee in my cup, that’s for sure! Dunkin’ Donuts strongly believes that a great cup of coffee can help transform your day, and by providing the boost I need to help me face the day, I’m able to tackle my to-do list with ease before family comes in!
Dunkin’ Donuts is available in a variety of formats, blends and flavors, so there are so many ways to experience the Dunkin’ Donuts goodness however you want, whenever you want! I enjoyed it earlier this afternoon paired with one of my caramel coffee brownie trifles, and it was a match made in heaven! (It was a real struggle to make sure I was saving some for my family when they come in later today, though!) 😉
What fun festivities do you have going on during this time of year? Do you do a lot of cooking and baking during the holidays? Help kickstart the season with Dunkin’ Donuts from Dollar General! (You can find a Dollar General near you by checking their store locator!)