You’re a SWEET One, Mr. Grinch! Grinchy-Green Christmas Fluff
I think I owe you an apology, Mr. Grinch.
I know how you felt about Christmas cheer for the longest time, and I know that you and Christmas are cool now. Your beef with the holidays and the Whos down in Whoville has been squashed. Your heart has grown THREE sizes bigger, and the true meaning of Christmas came through. You even gained the strength of 10 grinches, plus TWO!
I mean, you’re a pretty good guy, all gruffness aside. But when this time rolls around each year, I’m not singing about how cool you are. I’m singing the opposite! Maybe you’ve heard this little diddy a time or two..
Yeah. I apologize if that hits a sore spot. I really didn’t mean it when I called you a nasty wasty skunk. I promise!
I say it’s time to CELEBRATE you instead of bashing you, Mr. Grinch. I think the world needs to give you a little more credit and warm up to your sweet side. You may have stolen Christmas, but you really stole our hearts in the end. 😉
Here’s a free printable copy of the recipe for Grinchy-Green Christmas Fluff if you’d like to give it a try:
- 1 box lime jello
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup cold water
- 1½ cup mini marshmallows
- 1 16 oz can crushed pineapples, drained with juice reserved
- 2 Tbsp pineapple juice
- Cool whip or Reddi Whip
- Sprinkles and cherry (optional)
- Add jello mix to 1 cup boiling water and stir until well dissolved. This should take around 2-3 minutes.
- Add ½ cup cold water and 2 tbsp reserved pineapple juice.
- In a separate bowl, blend cream cheese with a hand mixer.
- Add jello mixture slowly, not allowing it to splash. Allow to slightly froth.
- Chill until thickened - roughly 1 hour
- Mix in marshmallows and crushed pineapple
- Chill for 2+ hours
- Serve with sprinkles, cherry and cool whip (if desired)
Growing up, How The Grinch Stole Christmas was one of my very favorite Christmas movies. I hope my daughter enjoys it as much as I do, because we’re watching it every year. Maybe even more than twice! In order to celebrate the Grinch’s sweetness, I decided to whip up a yummy little dessert that reminded me of him. I think we’ll make this a tradition every year to snack on this when we watch the movie. It’s fun to make and even more fun to eat!
Who knew celebrating the Grinch could be so sweet?! Not only would this be a sweet dish to cuddle up on the couch and eat, but it would also be great to take to a holiday gathering! If you give this recipe a try, I’d love to hear how you like it. Maybe it’ll make you warm up to the Grinch just a little bit more. I know it did me!
If you love this Dr. Seuss inspired recipe, you’ll LOVE this roundup of Dr. Seuss Snack Crafts for Kids, right here on Southern Made Simple!