Let’s just say you’re looking for something sweet to make for a holiday party or to give as a gift this season, but maybe you’re facing a few challenges. Maybe you’re terrible at following a recipe. Maybe looking on Pinterest for something great to make stresses you out or makes you feel overwhelmed. Maybe you’re strapped for cash. Maybe you realized 5 minutes ago that you’re supposed to bring something to an event, and that event is in half an hour and it takes you 15 minutes to get there. I get it. I’ve been there.
Fret not, my friends. I have a simple, quick, inexpensive and yummy solution for you! You can thank me later. 😉
Peppermint bark is the perfect festive snack to satisfy a sweet tooth. It has just 3 ingredients, and it’s actually pretty fun to make! Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 package white almond bark
- a few peppermints of candy canes – crushed
- 5-7 drops peppermint essential oil
- Melt almond bark over the stove or in a crock pot, stirring frequently to avoid any scorching
- Line a large cookie sheet with wax paper
- Pour completely melted almond bark onto the cookie sheet
- Sprinkle crushed peppermint on top quickly before the chocolate dries
- Allow to cool. You can speed this up by placing it in the freezer for a few minutes
- Once it’s cooled, break the peppermint bark into bite size pieces
That’s it, y’all! It’s insanely easy to make, and it makes for a really sweet gift to give during the holidays. Just wrap it up in a holiday candy tin (You can frequently find them in a 3 pack for around $3), put a bow on it and you’re done!
If you would like to learn more about essential oils, I recommend checking out this post that my sister wrote. You can find it here: Getting Into Essential Oils as a Skeptic. It’s packed full of great into and tips on how to get started.