For the Corned Beef
- 3-4 lb corned beef brisket with seasoning packet
- 1/2 medium onion quartered
- 2 cups water
For the Sandwiches
- 1 loaf KING'S HAWAIIAN® Original Sliced Sweet Bread
- Corned Beef Brisket - cooked and sliced
- 1 package sliced swiss cheese
- fresh angel hair cabbage or sauerkraut if preferred
- Russian or Thousand Island for serving
For Corned Beef Brisket:
- Using a pressure cooker, add corned beef, onion, seasoning packet and 2 cups water to pressure cooker, seal properly and cook on high pressure for 1 hr 30 minutes
- Allow pressure to release naturally, then remove corned beef brisket onto a serving plate and allow to rest before cutting. Be sure to cut the brisket diagonally against the grain to avoid the meat becoming stringy.
For the Sandwich:
- On a slice of Sliced Hawaiian Bread, smear a thin layer of either Russian or Thousand Island dressing, followed by a slice of swiss cheese, corned beef, cabbage (or sauerkraut) and another piece of bread.
- Lightly butter the outside of the bread and place in a panini press or cook in a pan on the stove until the bread is golden and toasted and the cheese is melted
- Serve immediately with chips, a pickle and a little extra dressing for dipping
What makes a sandwich truly great in your eyes? Is it the ingredients? Is it the bread? Maybe it’s somewhere in between. Next time you’re at Target, swing by the bread aisle and grab a loaf or two of KING’S HAWAIIAN® Original Sliced Hawaiian Sweet Bread to elevate all of your sandwiches to a new level! Also be on the lookout for new Honey Wheat Sliced Bread when it launches at Target this coming April!