These Snickerdoodle Mini Muffins are bite-sized portions of sugary sweetness to make your breakfast or brunch extra delicious!
It’s been a roller coaster of a week. Earlier I shared about my recent myopic macular degeneration diagnosis, and it’s been a pretty tough week trying to wrap my head around the risk of losing even more of my vision. The Lord has made himself very clear that I am not to allow doubt, fear and dread steal the joy of the promises the Lord has already made for me, and the best thing I can do is to align myself with His word and to keep pressing on and enjoy the life He’s given me with the talents he’s blessed me with.
So back into the kitchen I go, whipping up little bite-sized portions of sugary-sweet happiness. They say good things come in small packages, and these Snickerdoodle Mini Muffins are no exception. I love a good snickerdoodle. Honestly, you just can’t go wrong with the cinnamon-sugar duo. These little muffins make for a perfect weekend breakfast/brunch, and they don’t disappoint as an afternoon snack, either. 😉
Aside from the cinnamon sugar goodness, I think my biggest draw to these is their simplicity. Sometimes the best recipes don’t require you to pull out all the bells and whistles to make them special. The first bite of these muffins leaves no doubt that these muffins are definitely a keeper. In fact, you might as well double the recipe. No one ever got upset about having extra muffins!
Here’s a free copy of the recipe if you’d like to give them a try!
Snickerdoodle Mini Muffins
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg large - room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup salted butter melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Spray mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray
- Blend together greek yogurt, vegetable oil, egg, vanilla and 1/2 cup sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and 1/4 tsp nutmeg.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and spoon 1 tablespoon of batter into mini muffin tins
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden and springy to the touch
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling completely
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Dip each muffin briefly in melted butter and then immediately coat in sugar mixture
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Are you a fan of snickerdoodles? What kinds of treats to you like to make for weekend breakfast/brunch? Leave a comment below and share the love!