Here’s another quick and easy meal that the whole family will enjoy! This recipe is a fun twist on the good ol’ Sloppy Joe. With just 5 ingredients, this meal makes for a super simple yet hearty dinner that you can jut set and forget in the crock-pot! This recipe will also work great as a freezer meal. (Instructions for freezer meal below)
- 2-3 lbs boneless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 15oz can of your favorite sloppy joe sauce
- 1 small onion cut into small slices
- 1/4 cup chopped jalapeno peppers (optional)
- Your favorite slider or hamburger bun
- (I added mayo and a pickle to my slider since it reminded me of a BBQ sandwich. Both are totally optional!)
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Place all ingredients in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, or until chicken is done.
- 30 minutes before finished cooking, remove the chicken and shred with a fork. Put shredded chicken back in slow cooker and let simmer.
- Serve on buns and enjoy!
To make a freeze ahead Crock-pot meal:
- Label 1 gallon freezer safe ziploc bag with the following:
- “Slow Cooker Sloppy Chicken Sliders”
- Cook on low 6 hours
- Serve on slider buns
- Place all contents in bag and seal. Lay flat in freezer.
Do you have any favorite slow cooker meals that the whole family loves? If you try this recipe, I’d love to hear how you like it!
Leave a Reply