This post was sponsored by King’s Hawaiian as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Out of all the beautiful seasons we experience here on Earth, there is one that ranks supreme in my book for many, many reasons. Sure, summer and fall are great, but football season is what really gets me excited. We’re just a few days away from the Big Game, and I’ve already got our game day spread all mapped out to make sure we’re celebrating game day right. No matter who wins on the field, the true MVP of game day is sitting right on our plates!
I’ve always been one to cheer for the underdog. I’ve always been very petite, so I know good and well that good things come in small packages. You don’t have to run with the big dogs to pack a punch of flavor, and while others may be serving the “big three” meats (chicken, beef and pork) for game day, I’m bring out the little guys and serving them slider style with my Shrimp Po’ Boy Sliders with creole sauce!
Shrimp po’ boys rank pretty highly on my list of favorite foods of all time. They’re a true testament to simple ingredients delivering the best flavors. No po’ boy is complete without a fresh ripe tomato, mayonnaise and a handful of shredded iceberg lettuce, but when it comes to making these po’ boy sliders in my house, the buns are the star of the show.
Whenever game days roll around, I always reach for Kings Hawaiian pre-sliced slider buns. Because they’re pre-cut, they take an extra step out of prep time so that you can get food on the table faster and enjoy more of the game. Plus, they’re larger than King’s Hawaiian traditional dinner rolls, making these the perfect fit to bring together the flavors of your favorite recipes! They’re key in making a perfect po’ boy, and they’re a true winner in our house when it comes to making any game day recipe easy and irresistible!
While I love the shining simplicity of a classic po’ boy, I’m a sauce girl at heart, so I always like to add a little something extra in addition to mayonnaise on my shrimp po’ boys. My spicy creole remoulade adds the perfect amount of zing to these sliders, and it’s chock full of those delicious creole spices and seasonings that really make a shrimp po’ boy come to life. The heat from the sauce marries beautifully with the sweetness of the King’s Hawaiian Slider Buns. Seriously – the flavor combination takes these sliders to a league of their own!
Here’s a free printable copy of the recipe if you’d like to give it a try!
- 1 package Kings Hawaiian Slider Buns
- 1 package frozen breaded shrimp (popcorn works best) - cooked according to package instructions
- 3-4 tomatoes, sliced (smaller varieties work best for sliders)
- 1 package shredded iceberg lettuce
- Creole Sauce (Ingredients listed below:)
- 1 ¼ c mayonnaise
- ¼ c creole mustard
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 ½ tsp creole seasoning
- 2 tsp Horseradish sauce (optional - but recommended!)
- 1 tsp dill pickle juice
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Prepare creole sauce ahead of time
- Combine all ingredients in creole sauce in a large bowl, cover and chill for 30+ minutes to allow the flavors to marry together
- Cook fried shrimp according to package instructions
- Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise onto both top and bottom portions of each slider bun
- Add a small handful of shrimp, followed by about a teaspoon worth of creole sauce
- Top with tomato and shredded lettuce
- Secure with toothpick and serve immediately
If you’re out grocery shopping for the Big Game this week, make sure you pick up a pack of King’s Hawaiian pre-sliced Slider Buns to make your game day foods touchdown worthy! You can find them in the deli/bakery aisle of your local grocery store. No matter who you’re rooting for – the big guys or the underdog – cheer your team (and your tummy) on to victory with a shrimp po’ boy in hand!
Click here for more great game day recipe ideas using King’s Hawaiian slider buns!