Have you heard about the amazing virtual holiday cookie swap going on over at Altamontefamily.com? Every Friday from October 21st until December 23rd, several bloggers are pooling together to bake the most delicious holiday cookies in hopes that it will inspire you to whip up your own batch during the hustle and bustle of the holiday season! Just search #cookieswappingood or click on the image below to be taken directly to the swap where you’ll find ALL kids of delicious cookies waiting on you!
During week one, I served up an order of these delicious Soft Batch Candy Corn cookies – just in time for Halloween! The following week I stayed true to my pumpkin cravings and made a batch of these to-die-for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies, and boy were they really a hit with my family!
This week I’m throwing it back to my childhood and am incorporating the crispy, crunchy treat we all know and love (Rice Krispies Cereal) into a super yummy cookie that’s sure to make you snap, crackle and pop with joy! 😉
Ladies and gentlemen, feast your appetites on this soft, chewy and scrumptious cookie that packs a pop of crispiness into every single bite! These Oatmeal Rice Krispie Cookies are simple to make and are absolutely addicting, especially when you’ve got a tall glass of milk sitting nearby! You can’t have just 3, y’all! 😉
Here’s a step by step printable recipe for you to save. These cookies are perfect to make for upcoming holiday parties or to simply stock your own personal cookie jar!
Oatmeal Rice Krispie Cookies
- 1 stick butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg - room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup Rice Krispie cereal
- 1/2 tsp baking soda baking powder and salt
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars using a hand mixer
- Add in egg and vanilla and continue mixing
- Incorporate remaining ingredients and stir until well combined (batter will be thick)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray
- Roll a small ball of batter in your hands and gentle flatten a little with your palms
- Place cookies about an inch apart on cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to completely cool (they'll harden slightly as they cool)
These Oatmeal Rice Krispie cookies really stand out to me because of their delicious buttery and brown sugar flavor. Sprinkle a few extra rice krispies and some granulated sugar on top and you’re in hog heaven!
Do you have a cookie recipe that you love to bake during the holidays? If so, I’d love to hear about it! Share the cookie love below so I can draw a little inspiration!
And speaking of cookie inspiration, don’t forget to head over to the #cookieswappingood virtual holiday cookie swap where you’ll find tons of ah-mazing cookie recipes to add to your recipe book!