Looking for a delicious, cheesy and ooey gooey dip to make and share with your friends and family? You’ve come to the right place, y’all.
Most people make dips as as appetizer or to serve during tailgates or parties. I’m just gonna raise my hand right now and confess that my husband and I are no strangers to eating any kind of dip as our main meal. It pretty much happens nearly every time we make dip, and especially when we make this one. We both have a palate for spicy foods, and this one brings the perfect amount of heat.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this delicious cheesy jalapeno corn dip recipe:
- 4 cups frozen corn
- 1 large onion – diced
- 2 fresh jalapenos – diced
- 1 clove garlic – diced
- 1 large red bell pepper – diced
- 1/2 cup low fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup monterey or pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded + plus handful for topping
- 2 tbs butter – divided
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Melt butter in a pan on low heat. Add corn to pan and adjust temperature to medium/high heat. Saute the corn until it lightly browns. Set aside
- Melt butter in pan on low. Saute onion and red bell pepper until soft. Add jalapeno and garlic until soft.
- In a bowl, mix together corn, jalapeno, onions, red bell pepper, mayonnaise, cayenne pepper and cheeses in a bowl.
- Pour mixture into a casserole dish and top with handful of cheese.
- Bake 10-15 minutes
- Serve with tortilla or pita chips. Enjoy!
Have you ever found yourself eating a hot dip as a meal? What other types of dip do you and your family like to make? I’d love to hear all about it!