These Bailey’s No Bake Cheesecake Trifles are a wonderful way to ring in St. Patrick’s Day! With a hint of Bailey’s Irish Cream and a few sprinkles on top, what’s not to love?
Earlier last week I shared a scrumptiously indulgent breakfast using traditional Irish Soda Bread and transformed it into a bread pudding using Bailey’s Irish Cream Liqueur. St. Patrick’s Day is something I’m leaning a little more into these days. I’ve been finding so much joy and value in learning about my heritage and Irish culture, and my favorite ways to do that are through music and food.
And speaking of Irish music, I highly recommend giving the song The Rattlin’ Bog a listen. It’s a classic Irish song that’s been around for what seems like forever. Be warned – it’s insanely catchy, so you might get it stuck in your head for days. My kids have been bouncing off of the walls for days chanting it. 😉
Since I had the bottle of Bailey’s on hand from my previous recipe, I decided to give it a whirl in a no-bake cheesecake dessert. No bake cheesecakes are my jam. I especially love serving them in these small little parfait jars that I found on Amazon. They’re a perfect small-sized portion for an indulgent treat such as these!
I start with a layer of crushed ginger snaps. You can use crushed graham crackers, but I really love the bite of ginger paired with the liqueur. The cream cheese mixture is simple – 2 bricks of cream cheese, 1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar and 1/4 cup Bailey’s. Spoon a small amount of gingersnap crumbs into the bottom of the serving glasses. Then pipe the cream cheese filling into the jars and set in the refrigerator for a bit to firm back up. Top with whipped topping and a few sprinkles and you’ve got a sweet St. Patrick’s Day treat!
Here’s a free printable copy of my recipe if you’d like to give it a try!
Bailey's No Bake Cheesecake Trifles
Bottom Layer Crust
- 20-25 ginger snaps crushed
- 4 Tbs butter (I use Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter) melted
Cream Cheese Filling
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup Bailey's Irish Cream Liqueur
- Using a blender or food processor, pulse ginger snaps until just slightly course
- Pour melted butter over crumb mixture and stir
- Spoon crumb mixture into the bottom of serving glasses and press lightly to compact
Cream Cheese Mixture:
- Using a mixer, beat together all ingredients in a large bowl until well combined. If mixture it too liquidy, add a little more confectioners sugar.
- Transfer mixture into a piping bag and pipe a thick layer over ginger snap crumbs
- Refrigerate until cream cheese mixture firms back up - about an hour
- Top with whipped cream, sprinkles or caramel sauce
Tried this recipe?
Tag me on Instagram: @SouthernMadeSimple or use the hashtag #SouthernMadeSimple and share your love of southern cuisine!
By the way, here’s that recipe for Irish Soda Bread Pudding with Bailey’s Caramel Cream Sauce that I mentioned earlier. If you have a little Bailey’s left over, use it to make this dish for an extra sweet breakfast!
Looking for more delicious Irish inspired recipes to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? Check out these posts found right here on Southern Made Simple!
Irish Soda Bread | Irish Soda Bread Pudding with Bailey’s Caramel Cream Sauce | Shamrock Sugar Cookies | St. Patrick’s Day Sugar Wafers | St. Patrick’s Day Snack Crafts for Kids
How will you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this year? Do you have a favorite way of celebrating? Will you be adding these Bailey’s No Bake Cheesecake Trifles to your menu? Leave a comment below and share the love!
Leave a Reply