This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #sweetnessrevolution
We’re finally rounding the corner on our final weeks of winter, and each day when I go outside I can feel the warmth and promise of spring on my skin. Spring is such a glorious season filled with growth and newness, and one of my favorite ways to celebrate the arrival of spring is to support local farmers as they bring out their bundles of fresh produce grown in our area.
There is something so euphoric about sinking your teeth into a fresh, plump, and juicy strawberry. One bite sends me daydreaming of all the glorious fruits my family will be enjoying as we march onward into spring and summer. This weekend when I was reaching for my carton of strawberries in the refrigerator for a little pick-me-up snack, I had a pretty sweet idea for a way to “level-up” my love for strawberries with simple and decadent dessert – these no-bake Strawberry Cheesecake Brownie Trifles!
No-bake cheesecake trifles are a simple dessert that requires minimal effort, so they’re easy to whip up, easy to serve, and fun to eat! I start with a bottom layer of cubed brownies, followed by a layer of cheesecake filling, topped with fresh strawberries, a simple strawberry compote, and a smidge of whipped cream on top! My not-so-secret weapon to making this dessert extra delicious is Truvia® Sweet Complete® Granulated All-Purpose Sweetener in the brownies and strawberry compote, and Truvia® Sweet Complete® Confectioner’s Sweetener in the cream cheese filling. You can find both of these products online or in-store at your local Publix!
Perhaps one of my favorite things about using Truvia® Sweet Complete® Granulated Sweetener in my baking is that it measures cup-for-cup with sugar for replacement in any recipe. It’s sweetened with stevia, is Keto-friendly, and contains zero calories per serving, making it a perfect option for sweetening your coffee, tea, or baking and browning in your favorite treats!
For the base of these Strawberry Cheesecake Brownie Trifles, I started with making a delicious brownie sweetened with Truvia® Sweet Complete® Granulated Sweetener and just 1/2 cup of milk chocolate chips to keep the sugar content of the brownies relatively low. I love using this brownie recipe when creating layered desserts because they make a firmer brownie instead of one that is super gooey and fudgy, making them perfect for dicing into cubes and maintaining their structure when layering cream cheese on top!
Once the brownies were out of the oven, I allowed them to cool before cubing. I then added a small handful of cubed brownie pieces into the bottom of a small serving jar. To make the cream cheese filling, I combined two 8 oz packages of softened cream cheese, 1 1/2 cup Truvia® Sweet Complete® Confectioner’s Sweetener and 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extra and blended until smooth and creamy.
Truvia® Sweet Complete® Confectioner’s Sweetener also measures and sweetens just like regular confectioners sugar in all of your favorite recipes, making it a perfect option if you’re looking to reduce the amount of traditional sugar used in your recipes. Once the cream cheese mixture was complete, I added it into a piping bag and piped a thick layer on top of the brownie pieces in the serving jar.
Next, I diced a small handful of fresh strawberries to add on top of the layer of cheesecake filling. The “icing on the cake” is this simple strawberry compote I whipped up to pour on top of the fresh strawberries. I make this same strawberry compote frequently on the weekends to serve on top of pancakes, waffles, and fresh pound cake!
To make the compote, simply add 2 cups fresh diced strawberries into a saucepan, followed by 1/2 cup Truvia® Sweet Complete® Granulated Sweetener, 1/4 cup water, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, and 1 tsp cinnamon. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and allow it to simmer for 12-14 minutes, making sure to stir frequently. This process will break down the sugars in the strawberries, making a thick syrup-like concoction that pairs perfectly with these Strawberry Cheesecake Brownie Trifles!
Once you layer a little strawberry compote on top, you can garnish the dessert with a little whipped topping if you like! Here’s a full version of the recipe if you’d like to give it a try:
Strawberry Cheesecake Brownie Trifles
- 10 Tbs salted butter melted
- 1 cup Truvia® Sweet Complete® Granulated All-Purpose Sweetener
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
For Cheesecake Filling:
- 2 8oz packages cream cheese softened
- 1 ½ cup Truvia® Sweet Complete® Confectioner's Sweetener
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
For Strawberry Compote:
- 4 cups fresh strawberries diced and divided
- ½ cup Truvia® Sweet Complete® Granulated Sweetener
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray an 8x8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt butter completely and whisk in 1 cup Truvia® Sweet Complete® Granulated Sweetener
- Add in eggs and vanilla and whisk thoroughly
- Fold in melted chocolate
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in flour, cocoa powder and salt until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Pour into greased baking pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before cutting into cubes to assemble strawberry cheesecake brownie trifles.
For Cheesecake Filling:
- Using a mixer, beat together all ingredients in a large bowl until well combined. Transfer mixture into piping bags and pipe a thick layer on top of brownie pieces in the serving jar
- Set in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to allow the mixture to firm back up before adding the next layer.
- Dice about 2 cups worth of fresh strawberries and add a handful on top of the cheesecake filling in each serving glass.
- Add only 2 cups worth of the diced strawberries to a medium saucepan and add all remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer 12-14 minutes, being sure to stir occasionally. Sauce will gradually thicken and become syrup-like.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool briefly
- Add remaining 2 cups of fresh strawberries on top of the layer of cheesecake filling, followed by a spoonful of strawberry compote.
- Garnish with whipped topping and serve.
Tried this recipe?
Tag me on Instagram: @SouthernMadeSimple or use the hashtag #SouthernMadeSimple and share your love of southern cuisine!
Next time you head out to your local Publix, make sure you grab this money-saving coupon! Right now, you can save $1.50 on any ONE (1) package of Truvia® Stevia Sweetener. Offer valid 3/18 – 4/15.
These Strawberry Cheesecake Brownie Trifles are the perfect way to ring in the spring season, and swapping out traditional sugar and replacing it with Truvia® Sweet Complete® Sweeteners makes for a winning combination in my book! You can find both Truvia® Sweet Complete® Granulated Sweetener and Truvia® Sweet Complete® Confectioner’s Sweetener in the baking aisle at your local Publix, so be sure to grab that coupon before your next shopping trip!
What will you be sweetening this spring with your Truvia® Sweet Complete® Sweeteners? Leave a comment below and share the love!