This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SnackTimeDelight #CollectiveBias
Since bringing home our baby a little over a month ago, we’ve been working hard on adjusting to life with two little ones and finding a balance between work schedules, play schedules and everything in between. Being a work-at-home mom, I take on many additional challenges throughout my day that pull my attention in every direction, and it’s often a struggle to stay on top of everything on my list. One thing I make sure of, though, is that my 3 year old and I remember to treat ourselves to something extra special at least once a day. After all, she’s also making a big adjustment as she learns to share her attention with little sister, so she certainly deserves a sweet pick-me-up treat!
Each morning I get up before the rooster crows to start my “office hours” while the house is completely quiet. Like most adults with small children, I run a hefty cup (or two) of coffee through my system at the start of every day. One thing I unapologetically treat myself to is flavored coffee creamer – especially when something new hits the shelf!
During my recent shopping trip to Walmart, I was perusing the coffee creamer section (and living my best life) when a heavenly light shined down upon a bottle of International Delight® OREO® Flavored Coffee Creamer. It was something totally new to me, so into the shopping cart it went! I instantly started having daydreams about dunking cookies into my morning coffee and all kinds of other OREO® -related treats when I rounded the corner to the yogurt section and discovered YoCrunch® Lowfat Yogurt Cookies ‘n Cream with OREO® Cookie Pieces! It was like a sign from above giving me all the inspiration on how to treat myself and my daughter to something extra special this week!
This past weekend as I was sipping on my morning coffee (with
International Delight® OREO® Flavored Coffee Creamer) I began to brainstorm ideas on snacks or treats that my daughter and I would love that we could munch on throughout the day. I was feeling particularly inspired by the fluffy cream filling inside an OREO®, and my mind quickly gravitated towards making a big batch of OREO® Cannoli Cups using my
International Delight® OREO® Creamer!
I absolutely love utilizing wonton wrappers in baking. They make such a perfect little vessel to hold whatever goodness you may be filling it with, and they’re the perfect size for little hands to pick up for a quick little snack. In fact, once these cannoli cups were completed I set them out on a cute little cupcake stand on our kitchen table so my daughter and I could reach for one or two throughout the day as a treat! She loved biting into the crunchy shell, and I loved the OREO® flavor in the cream filling!
This recipe is very simple to throw together, and there are a few opportunities for little hands to help stir if you have a child that loves to get involved with the cooking like mine does! Check out the free printable version of the recipe below if you’d like to give it a try!
Snack Time Favorite: Oreo Cannoli Cups
- 1 cup + 1/3 cup International Delight® OREO® Flavored Coffee Creamer
- 1 package wonton wrappers usually found in refrigerated produce section
- 1 15 oz container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 4-5 OREO cookies crumbled (for topping)
- Extra powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a large bowl, slowly whisk 1 cup of International Delight® OREO® Flavored Coffee Creamer into cornstarch until completely smooth. Let set for roughly 20 minutes
- Pour mixture into a saucepan and bring to medium-low heat
- Add 1/3 cup International Delight® OREO® Flavored Coffee Creamer and sugar - stirring constantly until mixture becomes very thick. Remove from heat
- Add in vanilla and almond extracts and stir
- Place a sheet of plastic wrap on top of mixture to prevent a film from forming on top. Allow to cool until it reaches room temperature
- Carefully press wonton wrappers into mini-muffin tins to form the cups, being careful that the corners of each cup do not fall in
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until cups are golden brown. Remove and allow to cool
- Once previous mixture reaches room temp, add in ricotta cheese and stir until smooth.
- Transfer mixture into piping bags and fill each cup
- Sprinkle with crushed OREO pieces and dust with powdered sugar
In addition to snacking on cannoli cups, we’ve also been keeping a stash of these YoCrunch® Lowfat Yogurt Cookies ‘n Cream with OREO® Cookie Pieces I mentioned earlier tucked away in our refrigerator to have as a perfect ready-to-go snack. I’ve been a huge OREO® fan my entire life, and when America’s Favorite Cookie® meets my favorite lowfat yogurt, it’s quite possibly the only thing tastier than dunking OREO® cookies in milk! It’s a perfect snack that I can feel good about eating, and it’s perfect for busy parents like myself!
Next time you’re doing a little grocery shopping at Walmart, swing by the refrigerated coffee creamer section and pick up a bottle of International Delight® OREO® Flavored Coffee Creamer to try with your morning cup of coffee (or in a super cool recipe!) OR if you’re like myself and sometimes feel like you would rather have dental work done than get out of the car with two kids in tow, pick up your snacks for the week (like YoCrunch® Lowfat Yogurt Cookies ‘n Cream with OREO® Cookie Pieces) using Walmart Online Grocery Pickup!
Are you currently on the hunt for a fun snack to share with your loved ones that’s perfect for your grab-and-go lifestyle? Are you a fan of that delicious OREO® flavor like I am? If so, you must give these two snacks a try! OR if you have another fun idea on how to use International Delight OREO® creamer in a recipe, I’d love to hear all about it! Leave a comment below and share the love!