This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DunkinCreamers #CollectiveBias
Imagine this: You’ve made it to work, half awake and nearly late. You make your way to the break room to pour yourself a cup of much needed coffee. I mean, let’s face it, nothing good will come from this day until you’ve had your coffee.
You fill your cup only to find that some horrible, horrible person has swiped the last of the creamer, sugar, etc. The thought of taking your coffee any other way than exactly how you like it makes you want to curl up in a hole and cry. A parade of cuddly kittens could not even cheer you up at this point.
Sounds AWFUL, right?! But when you think about it, a scenario much like this happens in public places everywhere on a daily basis. (Let’s take a moment of silence for those poor, poor souls that went without their cup of beloved coffee made perfectly to their liking this morning.) Godspeed, my friends!
Fortunately, you don’t have to worry about a horrible incident like that happening to you. I’ve got exactly what you need, and I bet you didn’t even know you needed it!
I don’t know about you, but this mama’s engine doesn’t start running until I’ve had my daily dose of starter fluid (aka coffee). Because the thought of not being able to take my coffee just the way I like it anytime and anywhere makes me absolutely shudder, I’ve come up with a solution:
A DIY “Starter Fluid” Emergency Coffee Kit!
This simple solution allows you to keep your favorite coffee extras (mine is Dunkin’ Donuts® Coffee Creamer Singles) wherever you go. Throw it in your glove compartment, keep it on your shelf at work, carry it in your diaper bag, hide it in a cabinet in the break room, or give it as a gift to your co-workers! When a creamer snatcher is on the prowl and you’ve been left with a pitiful cup of coffee, you know you can always crack open the emergency kit! 😉
Here’s what you’ll need to start building your kit:
- I used a mason jar for this project, but you could use a coffee mug, travel mug, storage bin, plastic bag or container, etc. The possibilities are nearly endless!
- 1 Sheet of Cardstock
- This is for your printable! (See below)
- Twine or Ribbon (optional)
- Tape or Adhesive Dots
- Stir Sticks
- Coffee Creamer
- I use Dunkin’ Donuts® Coffee Creamer Singles. They add the perfect amount of rich flavor to my coffee, and there’s absolutely no need to refrigerate! I can conveniently take these with me anywhere so that I never have to take my coffee any other way than just the way I like it. My favorite flavor is caramel, but they also come in hazelnut and vanilla.
- I find these creamers at Walmart in the coffee section. Look for that beautiful orange box! They’re priced perfectly at just under $3.00, so pick up a couple boxes while you’re at it!
- You know what you like in your coffee. Maybe you’re a plain sugar person, or perhaps you like organic such-and-such sweeteners or low calorie options. Add whatever tickles your fancy! If your favorite sweetener is not available in single serve packets, you can pre-portion your preferred sweetener into a to-go sauce cup (found close to the aluminum foil and plastic zip bags).
- Breath Mint (optional)
- Coffee breath isn’t cute. Throw in a mint or two to make sure your breath stays fresh!
- Other Options May Include
- If there are additional ingredients you like to include in your coffee, feel free to add them! If you really get in a pinch, you could throw in some packets of instant coffee or a small bag of ground coffee. If you’re lucky enough to have a Keurig® nearby, be sure to check out Dunkin’ K-Cups®! They’re easy to travel with and come in a variety of flavors.
- Snack/Breakfast – It might be wise to add a little somethin’-somethin’ to nibble on when hunger strikes. Maybe throw in a pack of crackers or some biscotti! That always pairs perfectly with coffee in my opinion.
You can click the image or link below to print out a free “Starter Fluid Emergency Coffee Kit” printable! You can attach the printable however you like. I used adhesive dots to stick it to the front of the mason jar.
Click here for a free “Starter Fluid Emergency Coffee Kit” printable!
This little project took absolutely no time at all to put together. The few moments I spent making it leave me feeling easy about being able to enjoy my beloved Dunkin’ Donuts® Coffee Creamer Singles anywhere, no matter what other circumstances may be going on.
If you’re as excited about the new Dunkin’ Donuts® line of creamers as I am, head on over and snatch up this coupon while you still can! I’m always looking for a good deal, and this coupon makes for a pretty sweet one! (Look for it in the top right corner.)
Enjoy Dunkin’ Donuts® Creamers Anywhere:
Visit here for more inspiration and tutorials on how to enjoy your cup of coffee with Dunkin’ Donuts® coffee creamers anytime, anywhere! Also, be sure to be on the lookout for the new Dunkin’ K-Cups® if you’re a Keurig lover!
How do you like to take your cup of coffee in the morning? What would you pack in your starter fluid emergency kit? Let me know in the comments!
Love it. Great idea for when someone uses up all the creamer or thinks the powdered stuff is acceptable. That caramel creamer is calling my name!
Sarah B says
This is such a cute idea!! I know I can’t start my day without “Starter Fluid” #client