I received these products at no cost to facilitate my review. However, all thoughts and opinions expressed are completely my own.
We’ve all been there. Your child’s pacifier has fallen on the floor and you’re frantically trying to find your way to a restroom to wash it off so your poor baby doesn’t contract some horrible disease you’ve made up in your mind. I think there comes a point where you become a little more lenient about putting a paci that fell on your own carpet in your own home back into their mouths, but there are serious and legitimate situations where you need to be very cautious about putting a germ-y pacifier back into their mouth.
Maybe your child dropped their paci on the floor of the bathroom, or perhaps it fell into the dirt at the ballpark. Maybe another child decided to share their slobber and paci-swap with your child. MAYBE your baby was fussy so you dragged a paci out from the bottom of your diaper bag only to discover it’s covered in lint and cheerio crumbs. Yeah, I’ve seen plenty a crusty paci creeping from the abyss of my diaper bag a time or two. It ain’t pretty.
But worry no more, fellow members of the crusty paci club! MAM, (my FAVORITE pacifier brand of all time) just made our lives as parents so much easier! They recently launched MAM pacifier wipes to help us combat those nasty germs and keep our baby’s pacifiers clean. They come in a resealable (thank you!) and portable package that fits perfectly in any diaper bag.
I was sent MAM pacifier wipes to test out on our paci lovin’ youngin’ who loves to drop her paci’s on the ground. We were also sent MAM 6+ month pacifiers from the night collection and a MAM Perfect to try.
Let me just preface my review by saying this: MAM has always been a part of my life. I was a MAM loyalist as a baby up until the age of 5. (Yes, I had a paci until I was 5. They don’t recommend letting children use soothers past the age of 3, but I was forever devoted.) My mother told me that only a MAM would do, and that I would refuse anything that wasn’t a MAM. I found a few pictures for photographic evidence of how strong by paci-game was as a child. Don’t hate, y’all.
And then when little bother came along a few years later, I made sure he only had the best. He was another MAM baby, and a mighty cute one at that!
When I was creating my baby registry list during my pregnancy, I was advised to register for multiple brands of pacifiers because you had no way of knowing what your baby was going to prefer, or if they’d even want a paci at all. So I registered for a few different brands and received many different types and styles for my daughter to try when she arrived. We gave her a pacifier starting at 5 days old, and she has only use and will only use MAM’s. I’ve tried to get her to use the other pacifiers that we were gifted, but it’s been a no-go with her. I guess she gets her good taste in pacis from her mother! 😉
As for these rock-tastic pacifier wipes, I am absolutely loving them! Here’s a few great features about them that I really appreciate:
- NO alcohol, dyes or parabens (unlike most baby wipes)
- Kills harmful bacteria and germs that love to linger on pacifiers and toys
- Compact and resealable package so they don’t dry out
- Uses Xylitol – a natural plant-based ingredient to aide in killing bacteria. Natural products like this give me peace of mind knowing that it is safe to go in my baby’s mouth.
- The price is right! MAM Pacifier Wipes retail for just $3.99!
While these wipes are a wonderful addition to my diaper bag, I will always have a heart for their amazing pacifiers. As I mentioned, I’ve always been a huge fan. I’m proud that my baby uses nothing but MAM, and here’s a few reasons why:
- All soothers are BPA free – no worrying about harmful toxins!
- Pediatricians, dentists & orthodontists tested and approved
- All soothers have a symmetrical nipple, which helps always keep the paci in the proper position to aid in healthy jaw development
- Easy to sterilize! OK, y’all. This is something about MAM that I DID NOT KNOW! Every time I’ve opened up a pack of pacifiers, I’ve tossed the packaging without even looking at it. BIG mistake on my part! Did you know that the packaging acts as a sterilizing box? Mind = blown. I had no idea! The packages are designed to add water to and microwave to sterilize and kill germs on your pacifiers. You can find instructions pertaining to your specific pacifier on each package. Seriously, I’m so excited about this feature. I can’t believe I’ve been throwing away something that was designed to help make my life easier. I feel so silly!
- The Price is right and oh so worth it! You can purchase a 2-pack of MAM pacifiers starting at just $7.49.
MAM also makes a lot of other really cool products! Here’s a few of my favorites:
- We can’t do without these. Seriously. My daughter sleeps with 3 pacifiers (minimum) in her crib with her at all times. If she spits her paci out at any time during the night, she wants to be able to find one quickly. MAM nighttime pacifiers are the easiest for her to find, and they’re super helpful for adults to find in the middle of the night when the baby has lost her cool and needs a little assistance
MAM Perfect Pacifiers
- These pacifiers are perfect for babies who are teething or have started cutting teeth. They’re not a teether, but are instead intelligently designed with a thinner and more flexible nipple to help reduce the risk of misaligned teeth. The Dento-flex nipple is also 3x softer than other competing pacifiers. I think over the years pacifiers have gotten a bad rap because people feared that prolonged use of a paci would result in crooked teeth. I’m thankful that this pacifier was designed with that in mind, and it provides a little peace of mind for me as a parent.
- Aren’t these just the cutest?! I’m definitely a fan of anything personalized. These would be great for babies that attend daycare or those that are around other children frequently. You’ll always know which paci belongs to which baby, and that also helps stop the spread of germs. Woohoo!
Last week my son dropped his bink on the floor at a restaurant. I didn’t have a spare one so I can’t help but think how great it would of been to have these wipes! What a great invention.
Ashley C says
This prize would be for myself! We are expecting our first little, so this would be great!
Looks like a great product, love the nighttime paci too! This would be for my daughter!
Amanda L. says
A few weeks ago when we were at church, my son dropped his paci on the floor and I didn’t have any spare ones with me. It was really hard keeping him quiet for the rest of the service.
Kathleen Richardson says
I’ve never used MAM products before and the prize would be for me as I’m expecting! 🙂
Recipe Fairy says
I’m currently pregnant with my second lil one finally! This would be great for the baby when he gets here!!
My LO just turned 6 months, and is ready to progress in the pacifier world. She has been a MAM baby to this point, and we don’t anticipate changing!
Bobbie Smith says
If I won I would gift this to my son. He is expecting his first baby! This would be a great gift for them! Thanks!
Gabrielle Tietz says
I am pregnant with my 2nd baby girl so it would be for her if I won!! 🙂
Nicki J. says
This would be great when traveling.
Caitlin Miller says
This giveaway would be for me! I’m a slight germ-o-phobe and am grossed out when I see my sister-in-law pick the binky up off the floor and put it in her own mouth before giving it back to her baby! These mams sound WONDERFUL!
Marti Tabora says
If I were to win this prize would be for my son and daughter in law, they are expecting my very first grandchild in June. Thank you.
Angela P says
I would have loved to have these when my daughter was still using the pacifier! She’d drop it everywhere. I was constantly washing it. If I win, I will gift these to my best friend who is having a little boy this Spring.
Angela Saver says
This prize would be for my nephew’s new baby!
Fiona N says
I would love to win this awesome prize for my little one
Thank You for the chance
Linda Kish says
These would make a great shower gift now but in the future I would use them for my grandchild. MAM products are great.
ashley crawford says
I would keep this as we are due with our rainbow baby in April after having 3 back to back miscarriages!
Elyse M. says
I am due with my first in March and I’m sure these would come in handy.
Erica Hall says
For my first grandchild that is on the way 😉
kelly mcgrew says
i would give this to my sister at her shower!
Sherry M. says
I love that the pacifiers glow in the dark so you can find them in the middle of the night. Super cute.
Brandy Varvel says
Would love to have these!
laura b says
I would have loved to have these when my son was a bit younger. He used to just loved throwing his paccy in the store!
This would be for my cousin.
shirley hicks says
The prize would be for my cousin………expecting their first soon
This family has a new baby that came home on Friday. Thanks so much for the chances to win.
Elizabeth H. says
For a friend who’s having a baby on Valentines day. Thank you a bunch for the opportunity.
Morgan Ragan says
My son and my nephew have only ever took mam pacis. Idk what I’d do without these! My son is 14 months and as you can imagine he’s always dropping his paci on the floor! These would really come in handy when out and about!
Candie L says
I think this would be an amazing gift to put in a baby shower basket for new moms. Thank you