These apple-inspired ice cream cones make for a sweet treat to kick off the back to school season!
Is anyone else getting the back-to-school jitters? It’s so crazy to think that school is less than 2 weeks away from being in session here in Alabama! With all of this buzz going on about kids headed off to school, I started feeling a little inspired to come up with a sweet treat for kids to enjoy to help them get in the groove of their new school schedules!
These apple ice cream cones are really simple to make. Here’s what you’ll need to get started: (affiliate links included)
1 package ice cream cones (spring for the colored ones if you can find them!)
1 carton strawberry ice cream
1 bag pretzel sticks
Press out a few leaf shapes using the cookie cutter, or using a straight knife if you don’t have a cookie cutter to use. Melt the candy melts according to the package instructions and dip each cone into the melted chocolate. Use a spoon to smooth the chocolate around the rim of the ice cream cone. While the chocolate is still wet, coat with sprinkles. Once the cones are dry, scoop 2 scoops of strawberry ice cream into the cone and top with a pretzel stick and candy leaf. Easy as (apple) pie! 😉
Back to School Ice Cream Cones
- Ice Cream Cones
- Red Chocolate Candy Melts
- Red Sprinkles
- Strawberry Ice Cream
- Pretzel Sticks
- Green airhead candies
- Melt chocolate candy melts according to package instructions
- Dip the end of each ice cream cone into chocolate - use a spoon to help smooth it along the base of the cone
- While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle red sprinkles all around the chocolate
- Allow cones to fully dry on a piece of wax paper
- Using a leaf shaped cookie cutter, cut out leaf shapes from candy
- Scoop ice cream into each cone
- Top with a pretzel stick and candy leaf
When does school start back where you live? Are your kids getting excited to head back to school? Do you have another fun idea for a back to school snack idea? Leave a comment below and share the love!