Affiliate links may be included throughout this post at absolutely no cost to you.
If you’ve been making Jello according to the package instructions your whole life, I feel like I must let you in on this little secret to make it SO. MUCH. BETTER. I mean, regular Jello is cool and all. It has it’s place, but when you transform it with a few scoops of ice cream, it’s a total game changer! This version is creamy and delicious, and tastes like an absolute dream! It can be made using any flavor of Jello you choose, but with St. Patrick’s Day quickly approaching, I thought it’d be fun to turn this into a fun little leprechaun treat for my daughter and I to share together!
To make this decadent treat, you’ll need a box of Jello, your favorite vanilla ice cream (Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream is our fave) a cup of boiling water and a little swish of cool whip on top! Sprinkles are always optional, but tend to make most things better! 😉
I’ll keep this recipe short and sweet, because there’s no need to over-complicate it! It’s easy peasy to make, and you’ll definitely never want to make a box of Jello the same ol’ way again! 😉
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 pkg. Lime Jello
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream (Spring for the Blue Bell!)
- ⅓ cup thawed cool whip or other whipped topping
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Stir boiling water into dry jello mix in medium bowl with wire whisk at least 2 min until completely dissolved. Add ice cream; mix well.
- Pour into dessert bowls. Refrigerate 30 min. or until set.
- Top each serving with about 1 Tbsp. whipped topping just before serving.
For other yummy St. Patrick’s Day treats, check out this round up of St. Patrick’s Day Snack Crafts for Kids!
Do you like to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? Do you make any special treats or desserts to celebrate? Leave a comment below and share the love!