I received these products at no cost to facilitate my review. However, all thoughts and opinions expressed are completely my own.
If there is one thing that I learned very quickly after becoming a parent, it’s that not all baby bottles are created equally. During my pregnancy, I did not put much research into bottle selection. I assumed that I would be very successful with breastfeeding and that she would only need to use a bottle on rare occasions. Thus, I did not register for any. I wound up with a hodgepodge of random bottles from my baby shower anyway, and I was just fine with that. After all, I wasn’t expecting to use them all that much.
Unfortunately, things don’t always go as planned. I was very thankful that I had a few different bottles on hand, and I was glad that they were all different brands. It didn’t take long at all to determine the favorites and the least favorites. Some had more parts than others. Some didn’t have great suction around the nipple. Some were harder to clean, and some didn’t hold heat very well. I got fed up with a few of them, and they eventually got pushed to the side because they just weren’t meeting our needs.
Then came the Twistshake.
At 9 months old, my daughter currently takes 4-5 bottles of infant formula a day. I really don’t have time to have bottles that are sub-par and a pain to use. Because my daughter spends a lot of time taking a bottle (and I spend even more time making and cleaning the bottles), it really needs to be a love-relationship. Luckily, I found love when Twistshake, a newly designed baby bottle invented in Sweden, entered our lives a few weeks ago.
Here’s a few of the fabulous features that the Twistshake has that make it my go-to bottle out of my entire bottle collection:
- There aren’t a whole bunch of parts to be concerned with like some bottles have. The bottle is very easy for babies to hold, and all of the parts can be mixed and matched.
Anti-colic valve on nipple
- I only wish I had this bottle when my daughter was a newborn! Colic is no fun to deal with, and it hit our house pretty hard for my daughter’s first few months. Because we had a variety of bottles, we weren’t exactly sure which ones has appropriate nipples to help prevent colic. All Twistshake nipples have anti-colic valves, so there’s no worrying about buying additional/special nipples for your bottles. The nipple also closely resembles a mother’s nipple, making it easy for babies to transition from being breast to bottle fed.
The Colors and Sizes
- Oh my goodness at the colors! Most bottles that you purchase at stores here are either clear or have a graphic print on them (monkeys, firetrucks, etc), and while those are totally fine, I know I’ve never seen bottles (except for big kid sippy cups) in beautiful colors like this! I’m seriously ooh-ing and aah-ing over the turquoise and peach colors! If you have multiple bottles, you can customize your bottles with different colors! Twistshake bottles come in 8 beautiful colors and 3 different sizes: 6oz, 9oz and 11 oz.
- While I think *most* bottles in the US are BPA free, I am not 100% certain. It is important to check the package when you buy to make sure the product is BPA free. You don’t have to worry with Twistshake, because their products are 100% BPA free!
- All Twistshake bottles come with a container that fits inside the bottle when traveling. The container is perfect for dispensing pre-portioned formula powder into the bottle, or for carrying snacks on the go for older babies! You can easily screw the snack containers to each other to make them more portable and to easily keep track of them.
Dishwasher and Microwave Safe
- This bottle is easy to wash by hand, but you can rest easy knowing it’s also dishwasher safe. I’ve had other brands of bottles warp in the dishwasher because I assumed that they were dishwasher safe. It was completely my error, but I was so sad and disappointed to have lost a bottle. The bottle is also well insulated, so warmer liquids will stay warm longer.
The Twistshake has been particularly helpful when it comes to formula mixing. With my other bottles, formula would frequently clump up in the nipple. When that occurred, it would often be difficult to break up the clump. I really appreciate that Twistshake had formula fed babies in mind when they included a “mixer” with their bottles. The mixer creates a sort of screen for the formula to pass through to prevent clumping. Hooray!
Here’s a look at the breakdown of the components of the Twistshake:
My daughter absolutely loves her Twistshake bottle. She let me know very quickly that she didn’t need any help holding it (see picture below). So much sass sometimes! 😉 I think she really loves the color, too. And because she loves it, it makes me love it even more!
Twistshake launched just shy of a year ago (April 2015 to be exact). While they are currently still in the growing stages, they are already represented in 12 different countries and are making a huge name for themselves! They were awarded the 2015 Baby Product of the Year in Sweden, and parenting magazing, The Baby Spot, named Twistshake as the Bottle of the Year for 2016. How awesome is that!
Click >>HERE<< to purchase Twistshake Bottles
I really hope to see Twistshake bottles hit US shelves soon. For now, you can purchase their products online at their website found here. A 9oz bottle like the one I reviewed is roughly $10.50, and shipping is free worldwide on orders over $56 ( or 50€ as listed on their site).
Bella P says
Anti-Colic 180ml / 6oz Turquoise
Dagmar M says
I would choose the 6oz blue!
I’d like to have the 11 Ounce Anti Colic Bottle in Turquoise.
I’d love the 11 oz in pink!
I like the green one. Actually, all the colors are nice, so any of them!
Judith R. says
If I won, I’d choose the Anti-Colic 180ml / 6oz Purple bottle.
I’d like the 11oz.-any color is fine.
Jill Daniel says
9oz in turquoise
Marty C. says
I’d like the 11 oz (and even bigger, if they carried them) in purple. My daughter likes “blue milk” and this would save a lot of time and food coloring!
Paula C says
I would pick the white 6oz.bottle. Thanks
Marti Tabora says
I think I would choose the 6oz Anti Colic in orange. My son and daughter in law are expecting my first grandchild in June and I think they would like it.
Sarah at Journeys of The Zoo says
The 11oz in pink would be perfect for my friends baby. Thanks for hosting.
Journeys of The Zoo
I would like the 11oz Turquoise one! 🙂
Dana Germain says
i love the purple 9 oz cup!
crystle tellerday says
6 oz pink
Fiona N says
I would love to have the Anti-Colic 260ml / 9oz Turquoise for my little one!
Thank You for the chance
Alexia B says
I’m on the lookout for a bottle to introduce formula to my son with. If I win, I’d like the purple 11oz bottle
JIll Rivera says
6oz Anti Colic in a purple color because that is my favorite color.
Laurie Nykaza says
Anti-Colic 330ml / 11oz Blue looks cool and the kids would love using it.
Cynthia Mercado says
I would love the Container 2x 100ml / 3oz Turquoise. This would be compatible to my granddaughter
I would like to choose Anti-Colic 330ml / 11oz Turquoise
kathy pease says
I would love the anti-colic-260ml-peach
1x 180ml / 6oz in green
Amy Freeman says
I ordered 2 of your sippy cups and they are nice and all but the small rubber like peice price for spill proof is broke and my son can’t drink out of it because when it’s on it nothing comes out and when we take it off it’s to fast and gets everywhere how do we get new one’s?
Laura Tucker says
Hi Amy! I’m so sorry to hear of your issues with your sippy cup! I’m just a fellow Twistshake user like you – I don’t sell them. This post is just my review of their anti colic bottles. Have you tried reaching out to Twistshake directly to see if they can assist you? My experience with their customer service is that they’re always helpful and pretty quick to respond. You can contact them here: https://twistshake.com/us/page/10-contact.html
Hope this helps and I hope that your issue will soon be resolved!