I received product as compensation in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed are 100% my own. I only promote what I truly love!
We’re just 20 days away from Taralynn’s first day of school, and I’ve been busy making lists and checking them twice in preparation for a smooth transition into the school year. Her actual school supply list only consisted of a handful of things, so I’ve been able to focus more of my thoughts towards making sure her wardrobe is not only supremely adorable, but also functional and high quality so that it will last her the rest of the year. One thing I’ve always put emphasis on when picking out clothing for my children is having quality footwear. From taking those first few steps as a baby to running full speed ahead on the school playground, I’ve put my trust in Pediped to make sure my daughter has a strong and supportive shoe. Pediped ranks at the top in our book, and it’s no surprise that it’s our #1 shoe for back to school!
Pediped shoes come in three different size ranges, including Pediped Originals®, Pediped Grip ‘n’ Go™ and Pediped Flex®. We have owned shoes from all three categories and can truly attest to the quality and comfort these shoes provide at each pivotal stage of walking. I’ll share a brief break down of each size range so you can better understand the benefits of each variety:
- Pediped® Originals® (pictured) are the first step in the footwear system. They’re soft-soled, flexible, and are recommended by pediatricians and podiatrists. Sizes range from newborn to 24 months.
- The design closely mimics barefoot walking, and does not force a child to change their natural stride.
- Each style is lined with a slip-resistant leather sole and includes Pediped® patented signature hand-stitching, allowing for a breathable shoe.
Grip ‘n’ Go™
- The Grip ‘n’ Go™ style (the second step in the footwear system) provides a smooth transition for a child learning to walk with a more confident stride.
- All Grip ‘n’ Go™ shoes include G2 Technology™, which contains a specialized soft rubber sole for added cushion, rounded edges that mimic the natural shape of a foot to help with stability, a grip zone for additional traction, and a soft toe box that allows toes to curl and grip the floor. So fancy! Certain styles come with additional features such as Memory Foam Technology™, and machine-washable capabilities. (Hooray for machine washable!)
- Grip ‘n’ Go™ styles are available is sizes 4-7 for kids.
- The third, and final, step in the Pediped® footwear system is Flex®. Designed for kids who have a developed a solid, natural stride, Flex® combines quality materials and advanced technology to create the perfect, stylish choice for all-day comfortable wear.
- Most styles include the Flex Fit System™, which offers a customizable fit with the use of additional insoles, extending the life of a pair of shoes up to two months. To top it off, a cushioned arch support and flexible rubber sole ensure coziness and ongoing healthy foot development.
- Flex® styles are available in sizes 6-kids – 6 youth.
I have shared our experience with Pediped Originals and Pediped Grip ‘N Go before, and we’re thrilled to add a member of the Flex line to our wardrobe for this upcoming back to school season. I have always been particularly fond of the Nikki style shoe, as shown. We owned this style in white when Taralynn was wearing Grip ‘N Go’s, and now we own it in silver in the Flex variety. I chose silver because it will coordinate with nearly all of the clothes in her wardrobe. I absolutely love how easy they are to put on, and I am confident that she can put them on all by herself if she needed to as they simply slip on and Velcro into place.
The Flex style shoes have a very soft and supportive cushion for the foot to rest on, so I know that as Taralynn is walking, running and playing that her foot is being held in a healthy position to encourage healthy foot development and comfort. In fact, because of their exceptional quality and comfort, Pediped has become one of the fastest growing children’s footwear brands in the US. They’ve been awarded the American Podiatric Medical Association Seal of Acceptance for the promotion of healthy foot development, and they recently won the 2019 Cribsie award for favorite footwear!
The Flex variety will fit Taralynn until she is in a size 6 youth, so I am thrilled that she will get to wear Pediped shoes for several more years. If you’re curious about the sizing, they have a very helpful sizing guide with a free printable sizing tool to assist you with finding the right size for your child. In my experience, the sizes are very true to size and do not run small or big.
Pediped is sold in over 750 stores (including Amazon!) in the US and in 40 countries worldwide. They offer more than 120 designs for boys and girls across their 3 lines, and are moderately priced. You can find a nearby store than carries Pediped by using their store locator tool here.
Are you making back to school preparations? If you’re looking to start your back to school shopping soon, make sure Pediped shoes are at the top of your checklist for your little one’s feet so that they can start their school year with their very best foot forward!
Karen Elliott says
So perfect for many occasions…. just walking around or to school and play. So cute and goes with anything