I always get SO excited when my husband or father in law fires up the grill and throws on some of these venison burgers. They’re lean, juicy, and absolutely delicious! No matter what toppings you like on your burger, you really can’t go wrong with this simple recipe! In the words of Jimmy Buffet, “I like mine with lettuce and tomato, Heinz 57 and french fried potatoes!” 😉
- 1 lb ground venison
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup bread crumbs or 5 crushed crackers
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 6-8 slices of bacon, cooked
- BBQ sauce to taste
- (Hamburger buns, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles and extra cheese can be added according to taste)
- Preheat grill to 400 F
- Combine ingredients in large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly
- Pat out burgers to desired thickness
- Cook on heated grill for 10 minutes on each side each side. Cooking times may vary depending on the grill being used. To be safe, use a meat thermometer to make sure the meat is at the proper temperature before serving.
- Assemble burgers to your liking and dig on in!
Do you come from a family of hunters who’s always on the “hunt” for a new venison recipe to try? What kinds of things do you like to stack on top of your burgers? Do you have a favorite venison burger your family swears by? Leave a comment and share the love!