Alright, y’all. Let’s talk a little bit about teething.
I know, I know. You’re probably thinking to yourself, “Eh, let’s not”. And truthfully, I don’t blame you. Teething is the pits! It’s like this mean little monster that sneaks into your home, takes your sweet little baby and turns them into a fussy little drool machine. In fact, as I’m typing this I’m watching my daughter in the baby monitor. She has apparently woken up and is squirming around in her crib gnawing on the edge of one of her pacifiers. AND now she’s screaming. Sigh. If my thoughts here seem intrupted, it’s because they are. #RealLife
Anyway, back to teething. Wooho! My little Drooly McTeetherson child is constantly gnawing on her fingers to try and get relief, and sometimes she tries to fit her whole hand in her mouth. I can really tell when her gums are bothering her and it breaks my heart. Sure, we have a few different remedies that help a little, but sometimes even the strongest teething salve just doesn’t seem to touch it.
I’m not here to bring you life changing advice or to offer a supreme remedy for teething, unfortunately. (If you know of one, though, please share!) However, I am going to share with you 4 little things we just couldn’t live without during this season in our lives.
We have TONS of teething toys for her, but we have a choosy little one on our hands. She’ll typically gnaw on other teether toys for a few seconds and then toss them, but she has 4 specific teethers that you’d think might as well be her BFF for life. Seriously.
These are the teethers that make our world go round. The ones that I probably should have more than one of…as in one for every room in the house. The ones that I would
probably definitely cry a little if I couldn’t find it. If you’re a parent and have had a fussy teething baby, you probably know exactly what I’m talking about.
So without further adieu, here are our little golden chew nuggets:
- Vulli Sophie the Giraffe
- Made of the highest quality baby crack on the market, this little teether will likely never leave your baby’s side. SERIOUSLY, y’all. I don’t know what this giraffe is made out of, but it’s like a moth to the flame with my child. The texture is almost flesh-like. Seems a little weird to me, but if she likes it, I like it! It’s certainly on the pricey end ($19.99), but it’s worth its weight in gold in this house.
- Nuby Natural Touch Teethers
- These are actually back teethers, but my baby chews on them in the front, in the back, upside down, sideways, etc. She doesn’t care! She specifically likes the one shaped like a hand. I guess since she chews so much on her own hand, she thinks she’s struck gold by having more fingers to chew on. Who knows! She loves it, though! These come in a two pack and are more affordable at just $12.00
- Lifefactory Multi Sensory Silicone Teether
- We actually inherited this teether from someone. I’m not sure if it previously belonged to my sister’s children, or if a friend of ours gave it to us in a box of baby stuff she wanted us to have. Whoever it was, THANK YOU! Let’s high-five, because this one is a home run! It has 4 different teething textures for baby to chew on, and our little girl loves trying out each one. It’s super easy to grab and hold on to, and she loves to wave it around in the air. These also come in a two pack are are usually priced at around $12.00.
- Razbaby RaZ-berry Teether
- A good friend of mine gifted this little gem to our daughter. It looks just like a raspberry stuck to the end of a pacifier. It’s adorable, y’all. It has bumps all over that my baby loves to gnaw on. She doesn’t stop there, though. She also likes to chew the leaves! This one is easy to attach to a paci-clip so they can’t throw it on the floor, which I really appreciate. This one is super affordable, coming in at around $5.00
I hope this little teething toy guide helps out the teething baby in your life! These are the top 4 teething toy picks that have worked the best for us. If you have a baby registry or are looking for a great gift to give for a baby shower, I encourage you to consider these!
What teething toys does/did your little one love to chew? Did any of the ones I mentioned make your list? I’d love to hear what works or has worked for you!