When Fall rolls around each year, I always break out this recipe and make a few batches. It is one of my favorite things to have for breakfast in the morning. It also makes a wonderful afternoon snack! This yummy bread is so delicious, you just might have a hard time sharing!
To lighten this recipe up a little bit, I used Greek yogurt and stevia in place of sugar. This bread is rich, moist and absolutely heavenly with a little butter smeared on it. This recipe will make two loaves of bread. I’ve found that this freezes nicely if you’d like to save the second loaf for another time.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup granulated stevia
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter – room temp
- 1/3 cup lowfat Greek yogurt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, blend together butter and stevia.
- Stir in mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Combine flour mixture to wet mixture and blend well.
- Add in cranberries and pecans.
- Spray two loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray and add mixture evenly into the two pans.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until cooked through. Insert a toothpick into the middle to make sure bread is no longer doughy in the center.
Do you have any delicious bread recipes that you love to snack on or share with others? I’d love to hear about it!