This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DelightfulMoments #SplashOfDelight #CollectiveBias
Can we all just take a minute and throw our hands up in the air with excitement over the much awaited arrival of spring? I’m telling you, it felt like it was never going to get here! Even though we seem to be in a slight cold front in my neck of the woods this week, I’m not at all letting it get me down. Nope, not this mama! I’ve got too much going on to be excited about, and celebrating the sight of spring and all of the newness that comes along with it has me downright giddy! Plus, I recently entered my second trimester of pregnancy, so I’m finally starting to feel new again, too! You know, aside from a tiny human taking up residence inside my already petite body, I’d say I’m feeling pretty good!
This past weekend I decided to celebrate the sweetness of spring with a pretty devilishly decadent dessert that I knew my family would be ALL over! My sweet tooth has been in overdrive throughout most of my pregnancy, and I definitely had my heart set on a peanut butter and chocolate combination that would rock my taste buds to the max. Thus, the creation of these Glazed Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Doughnuts came about, and they were so good I almost cried actual tears of joy!
The not-so-secret ingredient in these bad boys is my new current obsession – International Delight® REESE’S® Peanut Butter Cup coffee creamer, which not only goes into my cup of coffee each morning to give me that delicious chocolaty and peanut buttery taste I crave on the regular, but it also has found it’s way into many of my recent baking endeavors to give it a little somethin’ extra! (By the way, you can snag a $.50 rebate with ibotta at Walmart on International Delight® Coffee Creamer by clicking the above link, and keep your eyes peeled for an in-store display featuring a $0.50 coupon and recipe card!) 😉
Not only are these doughnuts loaded with chocolate and peanut butter goodness, but they’re also really simple to make. I even let my toddler get involved in the baking process, because she’s almost as big of a chocolate and peanut butter fan as I am!
I even caught her licking the peanut butter glaze off of one of the completed doughnuts while I turned my back for a few seconds. She’s such a sneaky little thing! Aside from the tasting at the end, she really loved helping stir the batter together. I measured out the International Delight® REESE’S® Peanut Butter Cup coffee creamer into a bowl and let her add it to the dry ingredients. She was thrilled to see the batter really come to life, and we were both trying so hard not to stick our fingers in the batter to give it a taste!
You can find International Delight® REESE’S® Peanut Butter Cup Coffee Creamer in the refrigerated dairy section at your local Walmart store. Be on the lookout for International Delight® HERSHEY’S® Chocolate Caramel coffee creamer and International Delight® Almond Joy™ Coffee Creamer, too! I went ahead and picked up a bottle each, because I knew they’d also be a delicious substitution in this doughnut recipe! Plus, who doesn’t love it when their favorite candy is combined with their daily coffee?! 😉
These doughnuts were definitely on target with the indulgent and decadent taste I was going for, and they were certainly a welcomed addition to our weekend breakfast as the temps outside started to climb back up and we were able to celebrate spring as a family! And even though my coffee is leaning towards the decaf side these days (doctors orders,) I still look forward to the pick-me-up I get from adding International Delight® REESE’S® Peanut Butter Cup coffee creamer to my cup each morning! Is there a REESE’S® Peanut Butter cup in your mug each morning? If not, there totally should be!
Here’s a free printable copy of the recipe if you’d like to give it a try!
- 1 Cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar - packed
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbs salted butter, melted
- 1 Tbs creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup International Delight® REESE’S® Peanut Butter Cup Creamer
- 1 8 oz package miniature peanut butter cups
- For the Glaze:
- 6 Tbs creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbs salted butter, melted
- 2 Tbs confectioners sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Spray doughnut pan with non-stick cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients (excluding chocolate peanut butter cups) and set aside
- In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients thoroughly
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and fold until well combined
- Spoon or pipe batter into doughnut molds and add 3-4 miniature chocolate peanut butter cups into each mold, reserving some for garnish later
- Bake for 10-11 minutes
- Allow doughnuts to cool for just a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling
- For glaze, melt butter in a microwave safe bowl and add remaining ingredients, stirring well. Glaze will slightly thicken as it cools
- Once doughnuts are completely cooled, spoon or drizzle glaze on top of each doughnut. Add chopped peanut butter cups, chocolate shavings, or whatever you'd like as garnish!
- Serve with a cup of coffee with International Delight® REESE’S® Peanut Butter Cup Creamer and enjoy!
What ways are you and your family celebrating the arrival of spring? Do you have any sweet treats you’re hoping to make to celebrate? For more fun ways to sweeten up your season, visit this Pinterest page to find recipe inspiration for delicious, seasonal treats! And don’t forget to swing by Walmart to stock up on International Delight® REESE’S® Peanut Butter Cup coffee creamer. You can thank me later! 😉