Yesterday I took some time to celebrate all of the good and fun things that are going on around me this month. I’ve had a full schedule this entire month, but I finally had a moment where I could just sit back and reflect on a few exciting things happening for my friends and family.
My cousin just celebrated her 14th birthday right after Valentine’s Day. (You’ve seen her make an appearance in the kitchen with me once before!) On top of her turning another year older, she had cheerleader tryouts yesterday to try to earn a repeat spot on the junior varsity team. I knew this was a really big deal to her, being there to cheer her on was a top priority.
In addition to my cousin trying out for JV cheer, there were several other teenage girls competing for a spot on the team that attend my church. I’ve watched many of those girls grow up since they were 5-6 years old, and they’ve all turned into such beautiful young ladies. When I showed up to cheer tryouts, I wanted to make sure I had something sweet on hand for each of those sweet girls to let them know I was supporting them all and that they were going to do a wonderful job!
So to celebrate these fabulous girls and their high kicks, I decided to make a batch of ooey gooey chocolate and peanut butter brownies – tied up with a bow just for them! Just regular ol’ brownies wouldn’t do for such a fine occasion, and I love to spruce things up with extra chocolaty goodness anyway! 😉
- 1 Box Brownie Mix - your favorite, prepared according to package instructions
- 1 Package mini peanut butter cups - each cut in half
- Peanut Butter Whipped Topping:
- 4 Tbs salted butter, room temp
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Chocolate Topping:
- 5 Tbs butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Bake brownies according to package instructions and allow to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and peanut butter with a hand mixer until smooth. Add in vanilla and powdered sugar and stir until well combined. Add in milk and beat until light and fluffy. Refrigerate for 15 or so minutes to allow to thicken just a tad
- In a separate bowl, add 5 tbs and chocolate chips and microwave in 20 second intervals until completely melted
- Remove peanut butter topping from refrigerator and pour onto brownies in a smooth layer
- Pour melted chocolate over peanut butter topping in a smooth layer and refrigerate until topping has hardened completely.
- Slice brownies and serve with halved mini peanut butter cups on top
I used a boxed brownie mix to cut down on time and ingredients. The layer of peanut butter topping and chocolate topping were easy to whip up, and so sinfully decadent and delicious! Biting into each brownie was like biting into a big peanut butter cup. Mmmm mmm have mercy!
I placed each brownie in a little container and tied it up with clear cellophane, a ribbon in the school’s colors and a special note just for them. There’s so much in life that’s worth celebrating, big moments and small moments alike! I believe food brings everyone together, and I’m glad I could bring a smile to their faces with these Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Brownies!
Do you have a decadent brownie recipe that you love to make for special occasions? Leave a comment below and share the love!