I received these products at no cost to facilitate my review. However, all thoughts and opinions expressed are completely my own.
We’ve all been there. Your child’s pacifier has fallen on the floor and you’re frantically trying to find your way to a restroom to wash it off so your poor baby doesn’t contract some horrible disease you’ve made up in your mind. I think there comes a point where you become a little more lenient about putting a paci that fell on your own carpet in your own home back into their mouths, but there are serious and legitimate situations where you need to be very cautious about putting a germ-y pacifier back into their mouth.
Maybe your child dropped their paci on the floor of the bathroom, or perhaps it fell into the dirt at the ballpark. Maybe another child decided to share their slobber and paci-swap with your child. MAYBE your baby was fussy so you dragged a paci out from the bottom of your diaper bag only to discover it’s covered in lint and cheerio crumbs. Yeah, I’ve seen plenty a crusty paci creeping from the abyss of my diaper bag a time or two. It ain’t pretty.
But worry no more, fellow members of the crusty paci club! MAM, (my FAVORITE pacifier brand of all time) just made our lives as parents so much easier! They recently launched MAM pacifier wipes to help us combat those nasty germs and keep our baby’s pacifiers clean. They come in a resealable (thank you!) and portable package that fits perfectly in any diaper bag.
I was sent MAM pacifier wipes to test out on our paci lovin’ youngin’ who loves to drop her paci’s on the ground. We were also sent MAM 6+ month pacifiers from the night collection and a MAM Perfect to try.
Let me just preface my review by saying this: MAM has always been a part of my life. I was a MAM loyalist as a baby up until the age of 5. (Yes, I had a paci until I was 5. They don’t recommend letting children use soothers past the age of 3, but I was forever devoted.) My mother told me that only a MAM would do, and that I would refuse anything that wasn’t a MAM. I found a few pictures for photographic evidence of how strong by paci-game was as a child. Don’t hate, y’all.
And then when little bother came along a few years later, I made sure he only had the best. He was another MAM baby, and a mighty cute one at that!
When I was creating my baby registry list during my pregnancy, I was advised to register for multiple brands of pacifiers because you had no way of knowing what your baby was going to prefer, or if they’d even want a paci at all. So I registered for a few different brands and received many different types and styles for my daughter to try when she arrived. We gave her a pacifier starting at 5 days old, and she has only use and will only use MAM’s. I’ve tried to get her to use the other pacifiers that we were gifted, but it’s been a no-go with her. I guess she gets her good taste in pacis from her mother! 😉
As for these rock-tastic pacifier wipes, I am absolutely loving them! Here’s a few great features about them that I really appreciate:
- NO alcohol, dyes or parabens (unlike most baby wipes)
- Kills harmful bacteria and germs that love to linger on pacifiers and toys
- Compact and resealable package so they don’t dry out
- Uses Xylitol – a natural plant-based ingredient to aide in killing bacteria. Natural products like this give me peace of mind knowing that it is safe to go in my baby’s mouth.
- The price is right! MAM Pacifier Wipes retail for just $3.99!
While these wipes are a wonderful addition to my diaper bag, I will always have a heart for their amazing pacifiers. As I mentioned, I’ve always been a huge fan. I’m proud that my baby uses nothing but MAM, and here’s a few reasons why:
- All soothers are BPA free – no worrying about harmful toxins!
- Pediatricians, dentists & orthodontists tested and approved
- All soothers have a symmetrical nipple, which helps always keep the paci in the proper position to aid in healthy jaw development
- Easy to sterilize! OK, y’all. This is something about MAM that I DID NOT KNOW! Every time I’ve opened up a pack of pacifiers, I’ve tossed the packaging without even looking at it. BIG mistake on my part! Did you know that the packaging acts as a sterilizing box? Mind = blown. I had no idea! The packages are designed to add water to and microwave to sterilize and kill germs on your pacifiers. You can find instructions pertaining to your specific pacifier on each package. Seriously, I’m so excited about this feature. I can’t believe I’ve been throwing away something that was designed to help make my life easier. I feel so silly!
- The Price is right and oh so worth it! You can purchase a 2-pack of MAM pacifiers starting at just $7.49.
MAM also makes a lot of other really cool products! Here’s a few of my favorites:
- We can’t do without these. Seriously. My daughter sleeps with 3 pacifiers (minimum) in her crib with her at all times. If she spits her paci out at any time during the night, she wants to be able to find one quickly. MAM nighttime pacifiers are the easiest for her to find, and they’re super helpful for adults to find in the middle of the night when the baby has lost her cool and needs a little assistance
- These pacifiers are perfect for babies who are teething or have started cutting teeth. They’re not a teether, but are instead intelligently designed with a thinner and more flexible nipple to help reduce the risk of misaligned teeth. The Dento-flex nipple is also 3x softer than other competing pacifiers. I think over the years pacifiers have gotten a bad rap because people feared that prolonged use of a paci would result in crooked teeth. I’m thankful that this pacifier was designed with that in mind, and it provides a little peace of mind for me as a parent.
- Aren’t these just the cutest?! I’m definitely a fan of anything personalized. These would be great for babies that attend daycare or those that are around other children frequently. You’ll always know which paci belongs to which baby, and that also helps stop the spread of germs. Woohoo!